TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Omate just arrived!

OP mechrekt

2nd September 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
Hi,
I've finally received my Omate.
Before doing whatever:
1) how can I safely detect whether the received model is the right one (should be the 1/8/2100)
I ordered it from the pre-order omate site, not from kickstarter.
2) how can I backup my actual ROM (and other things if needed) before trying to do something?

Thank you very much in advance!
Last edited by mechrekt; 2nd September 2014 at 11:15 AM.
2nd September 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
Hello,
sorry but I'm impatient. I have the truesmart now, I've been waiting for months to get it (as we all did!) and now I'm not sure what to do, so I can not use it
3rd September 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #3  
Flag Roatan - Bay Islands
Thanks Meter: 47

399 posts
More
Sorry to disappoint you but all you can really do is hoping that the watch will last some time. No respectable developer is supporting anymore the watch. Turn it on and use it as it is, you are on your own, not even Omate will support you.
7th September 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
Some people reported satisfactory experiences with their watches after reading through this forum though. Maybe its because they updated their watches using the patches as recommended. Mine has great battery life and I like the swapplink app. It works for me.
8th September 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 369

1,456 posts
I use mine all the time, works good, especially after installing the ensec rom. I don't have much to complain about anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to speedyink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink

I use mine all the time, works good, especially after installing the ensec rom. I don't have much to complain about anymore.

Thanks.
I will get mine (1GB/8GB Extreme, kickstarter developer version; used) soon. Not sure what rom version it will have.
Can you please send me a link to the latest ensec rom (and how to flash it)? I apologize for being a bit lazy and not reading though all threads.
I saw that most developers quit because they were not properly referenced when some other developer took/stole their work and instead of apologizing even insulted them. Sorry to see that happen and I wonder why xda is not looking into this and responding appropriately (to prevent this from happening again; does not do anyone good). We all want to be acknowledged/rewarded for what we are doing.
9th September 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 369

1,456 posts
There's like 3 roms to choose from in the truesmart development section, one of which is ensec. Everything is in that thread.
9th September 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

106 posts
Thanks! Seems like 1 developer still is contributing and working on improvements-thanks on behalf of this community to kuronosan.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread