Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shame on you Omate. Never again.

Tip us?

phirephoto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Shame on you Omate. Never again.

I made the below post on Omate's facebook page in response to their announcement of the Omate X. Omate deleted my post and banned me from their facebook page. So being a Omate fanboi is OK, however if you criticize Omate in public on their forum, they ban you. Here's the post I made:

Omate: I have a saying, fool me once, I won't give you another chance to fool me.

Sorry, but with everything I've seen others go through, I considered myself extremely lucky, but I won't give you another chance. People buying the watch and getting a dead unit or dead battery and told "Sorry, we don't have replacements yet" or "Go find a battery on ebay". I lost the rubber gasket for the sim door, and you said you don't have them. I can't do business with a company that doesn't even have simple replacement parts available. And then, to add insult to injury, after delaying and delaying and delaying, you start to ship, and then announce a much lighter version is available, but too bad, you don't get one. And then the Omate app which - I don't know if I'd describe "working" as something you can call it, because it didn't work. Seeing the Omate CPU operating well below the stated specs, etc. I ended up selling my Omate. Sorry, but you aren't going to get me as a repeat customer based on how you treated me as a pre-order customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to phirephoto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mghtymse007
Old
Thanks Meter 110
+1

bkling
Old
(Last edited by bkling; 2nd September 2014 at 03:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phirephoto View Post
I made the below post on Omate's facebook page in response to their announcement of the Omate X. Omate deleted my post and banned me from their facebook page. So being a Omate fanboi is OK, however if you criticize Omate in public on their forum, they ban you. Here's the post I made:

Omate: I have a saying, fool me once, I won't give you another chance to fool me.

Sorry, but with everything I've seen others go through, I considered myself extremely lucky, but I won't give you another chance. People buying the watch and getting a dead unit or dead battery and told "Sorry, we don't have replacements yet" or "Go find a battery on ebay". I lost the rubber gasket for the sim door, and you said you don't have them. I can't do business with a company that doesn't even have simple replacement parts available. And then, to add insult to injury, after delaying and delaying and delaying, you start to ship, and then announce a much lighter version is available, but too bad, you don't get one. And then the Omate app which - I don't know if I'd describe "working" as something you can call it, because it didn't work. Seeing the Omate CPU operating well below the stated specs, etc. I ended up selling my Omate. Sorry, but you aren't going to get me as a repeat customer based on how you treated me as a pre-order customer.
I feel sorry for you dude. I have 2 pieces of these paper weight with me. Forget about the support and after sale service. Their facebook is only for their fanboys and girls. Our Mr.Romantic- Laurent Le Pen probably used all the money in world tours and left nothing for the after sale service. Good luck.