No registration required

GPS deteriorating

OP gerhardo

4th August 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

161 posts
TS 1/8 2100, "4th list"

My GPS suddenly started to take a lot longer to connect. AGPS is setup, EPO data is fresh (using MT GPS app), data connection is active, the device has connected within the last 24 h. Previously, the GPS connected in tens of seconds, now it takes many minutes, also at clear skies and standstill. Sats have about 2/3 signal compared to a loaner 512/4 2100 and my Samsung Galaxy S2. Using GPS Test I get maybe 4 sats connected at the best, SNR around 18, long time to get a lock from a window (not the best reception, but other GPS lock).

There are another problem too; occasionally, the TS do not see any sats at all. This maybe occurred previously even if I did not investigate it. Toggle GPS enables sats again. So this is likely a firmware problem, the MT drivers are not stellar...

This could be a broken antenna connection. I do not get better signal when softly twisting the wrist band. I doubt the antenna is completely broken. For those with badly working GPS, what readings do you get?

Another is a loose contact or water immersion. Backplane is not opened, only SIM. No water seen in SIM or other strange effects that could be caused by water. (Of course not a proof it is not water related.) I have used the TS when exercising.
I do not want take the discussion with Omate after paying $15 for posting to HK and they claim it is the water that caused this.

Any other suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread