Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MapMyFitness Force Closes

Tip us?

PlayStation
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Default MapMyFitness Force Closes

Hi guys.

I bought this watch so that I can install my fitness apps and thus do away with the need to walk with a phone in the pocket.... My main outdoor apps are MapMyFitness and Runkeeper with MapMy being my preferred app. Unfortunately MapMyFitness force closes as soon as I log in and launch the app. Funny thing is that without logging in the app is ok but of course would be useless without logging in.

Please does anyone know how to sort out this..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android2&hl=en

CPGOD
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation View Post
Hi guys.

I bought this watch so that I can install my fitness apps and thus do away with the need to walk with a phone in the pocket.... My main outdoor apps are MapMyFitness and Runkeeper with MapMy being my preferred app. Unfortunately MapMyFitness force closes as soon as I log in and launch the app. Funny thing is that without logging in the app is ok but of course would be useless without logging in.

Please does anyone know how to sort out this..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android2&hl=en
Something in the recent ROMs has caused this - on my March firmware it worked for me, but since putting either of the two updated ROMs on, it crashes, as you say.

PlayStation
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPGOD View Post
Something in the recent ROMs has caused this - on my March firmware it worked for me, but since putting either of the two updated ROMs on, it crashes, as you say.
Thank you for the response. I seem to be running an older firmware. The system identifies my rom date as 2013/08/14 (Version 1). However I have a slightly difference device as mine is the OTOUCH Wave though its basically the same smartwatch wearing a different uniform - http://xtouchdevice.com/en/product13.html#techspec

By the way I have no idea whether I can use a micro sd card with the watch. I havent opened up the base yet as I am ok with it as it is but I would not mind additional storage as I have the 4 GB version where only slightly above 1 GB is available for storage... I saw from a different model that the sd card slot is reached after opening the back cover but not sure this is true for all the TrueSmart variants. Any advice on this please?

CPGOD
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Thank you for the response. I seem to be running an older firmware. The system identifies my rom date as 2013/08/14 (Version 1). However I have a slightly difference device as mine is the OTOUCH Wave though its basically the same smartwatch wearing a different uniform - http://xtouchdevice.com/en/product13.html#techspec

By the way I have no idea whether I can use a micro sd card with the watch. I havent opened up the base yet as I am ok with it as it is but I would not mind additional storage as I have the 4 GB version where only slightly above 1 GB is available for storage... I saw from a different model that the sd card slot is reached after opening the back cover but not sure this is true for all the TrueSmart variants. Any advice on this please?
On the micro SD question, the only reference I could find to it having the capability was through one of XTouch's resellers - http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...fari%26hl%3Den

For certain, opening it up will tell you!

PlayStation
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
On the micro SD question, the only reference I could find to it having the capability was through one of XTouch's resellers - http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...fari%26hl%3Den

For certain, opening it up will tell you!
Agreed. It shall go under the screw-driver this weekend. After all the allegation of the watch being waterproof is doubtful so there is nothing much to lose. I still love the watch for outdoor activities and even though there are a few glitches its still much better than running with a smartphone. I am not even sure that I can use both MapMyfitness and RunKeeper using the watch at the same time as I have to exit one app before launching another app unlike the phone where I have been using both apps simultaneously.

CPGOD
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Agreed. It shall go under the screw-driver this weekend. After all the allegation of the watch being waterproof is doubtful so there is nothing much to lose. I still love the watch for outdoor activities and even though there are a few glitches its still much better than running with a smartphone. I am not even sure that I can use both MapMyfitness and RunKeeper using the watch at the same time as I have to exit one app before launching another app unlike the phone where I have been using both apps simultaneously.
Have you tried Strava? I went to that when MapMy stopped working.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Interestingly, I just installed the latest version of MapMyFitness and it works! I do have a memory card though.

PlayStation
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Interestingly, I just installed the latest version of MapMyFitness and it works! I do have a memory card though.
That interesting but no joy for me. I uninstalled and re-installed the app but no change for me. I guess my older firmware should be the culprit then. Le me hope that there will be an upgrade to either 4.3 or 4.4. Please do check for me whether it is possible for Runkeeper and MapMy to run simultaneously. I do appreciate your invaluable feedback and sorry for my many requests....