Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Truesmart not charging/booting

Tip us?

Kostronor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low [Q] Truesmart not charging/booting

Hey there,

i got my Truesmart, tried booting it and it worked. Battery was at 45%
I started the OTA-Update that was suggested after 10 minutes, it shut down and started the updating process, after which it remained black. I then put it into the craddle and tried charging it. Here is what happens now:

When charging, the omate spash-screen pops up for ~5-10 seconds and then blackscreen. This process repeats itself every ~30 seconds. I've already tested the spare battery with exactly the same result. Charging over usb gets the same results and a faulty usb message on my pc every blackscreen. I think, there is enough charge on the battery but I cannot test it.

What can I do from now? Is there a possibility to restore/flash the watch?

Help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kostronor

MrTip
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostronor View Post
Hey there,

I started the OTA-Update that was suggested after 10 minutes, it shut down and started the updating process, after which it remained black. I then put it into the craddle and tried charging it. Here is what happens now:

When charging, the omate spash-screen pops up for ~5-10 seconds and then blackscreen. This process repeats itself every ~30 seconds. I've already tested the spare battery with exactly the same result. Charging over usb gets the same results and a faulty usb message on my pc every blackscreen. I think, there is enough charge on the battery but I cannot test it.

Thanks,
Kostronor

Looks like a bootloop to me. You should try to go back to stock rom. Most people use "sp flash tools", there are tutorials on this forum. (If you made no backup, you may find one also on this forum)
TS 1/8/2100

• Hardware : MT6572
  • Model : TrueSmart
  • Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
  • Build date UTC : 20140513-024041
  • Android v : 4.2.2
  • Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16

LG G3 D855

• ro.build.description: g3_global_com-user 4.4.2 KVT49L.A1404795316 1404795316 release-keys
  • ro.build.target_country: EU
  • ro.build.version.release: 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to MrTip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostronor View Post
Hey there,

Thanks,
Kostronor
You interrupted the system update, so you've probably soft-bricked the watch. I'd take the above poster's advice and use SP to flash the stock firmware.

In the future, just as a point of advice on any device you own, don't do any OTA or recovery/backup processes if your battery is less than 60-70%. It probably won't make it.
Click here to donate.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuronosan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]