FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Power button stopped working

786 posts
Thanks Meter: 367

By i00, Senior Member on 4th November 2014, 05:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My power button just stopped working on my truesmart ... I could still use the home button to turn the screen on ... but I didn't charge it in time ... and now it's off ... with no way to turn it on @ all!

How can I get the power button working again? I am quite sure (from what I have heard) that I have no chance of getting Truesmart to actually honour their warranty .

Thanks,
Kris

9th November 2014, 08:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've got the same on Callisto 300. The solutions are:
1. To clean outside part of the button - in my case there was some glue-like material on it - and it prevents the button to move all way to inside.
2. To open back cover with 4 screws and to locate small button (as elecric component) on the PCB. It's possible to push it with small screwdriver to check either the problem is in outer (mechanical) button either with inner one (component). In my case it was outer one, and the problem was solved after cleaning.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread