[Q]Repo Instructions for JFLTE 5.x?

Search This thread

uagent

Feb 6, 2011
I know that Jake had to step away from the project, and I pretty much intend on running my jfltetmo into the ground, so I'll be on jflte long-term. I'd like to start giving back to the community by seeing if I can pick up where Jake left off. I'm an electrical engineer with plenty of programming experience. I just don't have much in the embedded world. I saw that Jake had some work posted to Github on the 5.1 branch for jflte, but when I follow the directions in omnirom's Github Readme, I get an error of
error: Cannot fetch android_device_samsung_jflte
Can I manually copy the files, and where do they fit within the android structure?
Is Android Studio a good IDE for ROM development?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I know that Jake had to step away from the project, and I pretty much intend on running my jfltetmo into the ground, so I'll be on jflte long-term. I'd like to start giving back to the community by seeing if I can pick up where Jake left off. I'm an electrical engineer with plenty of programming experience. I just don't have much in the embedded world. I saw that Jake had some work posted to Github on the 5.1 branch for jflte, but when I follow the directions in omnirom's Github Readme, I get an error of
error: Cannot fetch android_device_samsung_jflte
Can I manually copy the files, and where do they fit within the android structure?
Is Android Studio a good IDE for ROM development?

Hmm, post the full error log? Also, if the branch is only in Jake's personal repos you may need to use a custom local manifest to use that for the device tree instead of Omni's jflte device tree.

I personally just use grep + emacs, I've never been much of an IDE person.

uagent

Feb 6, 2011
Hmm, post the full error log? Also, if the branch is only in Jake's personal repos you may need to use a custom local manifest to use that for the device tree instead of Omni's jflte device tree.

I personally just use grep + emacs, I've never been much of an IDE person.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! I deleted the directory and reinitialized the omni repo. Here is the error I keep getting, it seems to be choking on arm/linux/androideabi:
repo sync -j8 -f --no-clone-bundle|tee >> reposynclog.txt 2>&1
Fetching projects: 100% (480/480), done.
Syncing work tree: 93% (447/480) error: in `sync -j8 -f --no-clone-bundle`: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/media/rhill/25e87ad3-e539-4009-9c40-0ab4db81d8e0/rhill/WORKING_DIRECTORY/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/.git/HEAD'
error: manifest missing or unreadable -- please run init

I re-ran
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/omnirom/android.git -b android-5.1 > repoinitlog.txt 2>&1

Which doesn't seem to have thrown any errors at me, but I keep returning to the same broken package, even when I just run repo sync, with no options.