FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dual SIM support - telephony-msim

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By aguaz, Senior Member on 4th September 2014, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Earlier this year dual SIM support was added to cm: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...telephony-msim
Is there anyone working on this for omni? What is the challenge integrating it into the omni tree? Does it require a lot of modification of frameworks and telephony?
The Following User Says Thank You to aguaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aguaz Ad-Free

5th September 2014, 03:26 PM |#2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,485

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguaz

Earlier this year dual SIM support was added to cm: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...telephony-msim
Is there anyone working on this for omni? What is the challenge integrating it into the omni tree? Does it require a lot of modification of frameworks and telephony?

It's a massive amount of effort that has a high risk of breaking things, and 0 devices currently supported by Omni use it.

The only devices anyone is working on that might benefit from this are Moto G (and most of its maintainers just don't have the time for it and also don't have XT1033 variants) and possibly Oppo R819 - but R819 has all sorts of other issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 12:57 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

More
That does not sound too motivating.
On Google I/O a dual SIM Android One phone was shown. Hopefully that means AOSP L/One will come with native Dual SIM support.
3rd November 2015, 03:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 389

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

It's a massive amount of effort that has a high risk of breaking things, and 0 devices currently supported by Omni use it.

The only devices anyone is working on that might benefit from this are Moto G (and most of its maintainers just don't have the time for it and also don't have XT1033 variants) and possibly Oppo R819 - but R819 has all sorts of other issues.

i don't know whether you still are on this thing or not. But today i saw this post in the ages. I have dual sim device XT1033. Well still omni is avaliable for single sim devices or did it changed for good. something for dual sim ??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)