Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual SIM support - telephony-msim

Tip us?

aguaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Dual SIM support - telephony-msim

Earlier this year dual SIM support was added to cm: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...telephony-msim
Is there anyone working on this for omni? What is the challenge integrating it into the omni tree? Does it require a lot of modification of frameworks and telephony?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,366

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguaz View Post
Earlier this year dual SIM support was added to cm: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...telephony-msim
Is there anyone working on this for omni? What is the challenge integrating it into the omni tree? Does it require a lot of modification of frameworks and telephony?
It's a massive amount of effort that has a high risk of breaking things, and 0 devices currently supported by Omni use it.

The only devices anyone is working on that might benefit from this are Moto G (and most of its maintainers just don't have the time for it and also don't have XT1033 variants) and possibly Oppo R819 - but R819 has all sorts of other issues.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aguaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
That does not sound too motivating.
On Google I/O a dual SIM Android One phone was shown. Hopefully that means AOSP L/One will come with native Dual SIM support.