Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bug report] Music player stops playing music from sd after some time

Tip us?
 
pilgrim011
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 351
Posts: 1,392
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belgrade
Default [Bug report] Music player stops playing music from sd after some time

Hi Omni community.
There is a bug on all Omni ROM versions (i9100 nightlies) related to music reproduction. I have tried many different music players, so it's not an app related bug. The bug is that after some time (few minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes - there is no rule) the music stops in the middle of the song. It's not paused, it's just frozen at some part of the song. Even if I kill the player, or force stop it via settings/apps, it will not continue playing the song until I perform reboot. The issue is reproducable in case that you have songs on sdcards, but not if you stream the music...
It seems that sd card is unmounted at some point.
SGS2 & HTC Desire
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pilgrim011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Entropy512
Old
#2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,363
Posts: 13,269
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim011 View Post
Hi Omni community.
There is a bug on all Omni ROM versions (i9100 nightlies) related to music reproduction. I have tried many different music players, so it's not an app related bug. The bug is that after some time (few minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes - there is no rule) the music stops in the middle of the song. It's not paused, it's just frozen at some part of the song. Even if I kill the player, or force stop it via settings/apps, it will not continue playing the song until I perform reboot. The issue is reproducable in case that you have songs on sdcards, but not if you stream the music...
It seems that sd card is unmounted at some point.
This is almost surely the same root cause as our long standing OpenDelta woes. The 4.4 sdcard FUSE daemon has a habit of hanging on the Exynos 4210 family of devices and we haven't figured out why yet.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pilgrim011
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 351
Posts: 1,392
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
This is almost surely the same root cause as our long standing OpenDelta woes. The 4.4 sdcard FUSE daemon has a habit of hanging on the Exynos 4210 family of devices and we haven't figured out why yet.
Thank you very much for your answer. I will patiently wait for a solution, since I know that the problem is in all KK ROMs for i9100 - seen it on Omni, CM, SlimKat etc.
SGS2 & HTC Desire
The Following User Says Thank You to pilgrim011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bleggy
Old
#4  
bleggy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 207
Join Date: Jan 2013
I've had my phone freeze up or reboot itself while listening to mp3s on an SD card through poweramp. Not often, it's entirely random. I thought it was a problem with poweramp. Interesting.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
empty_spaces
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleggy View Post
I've had my phone freeze up or reboot itself while listening to mp3s on an SD card through poweramp. Not often, it's entirely random. I thought it was a problem with poweramp. Interesting.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Initially, I did not have this issue of music stopping at random times with stock Omni 4.4.2 and Poweramp. I started having this issue when I did some undervolting using Gustavo_s kernel and stweaks. Since then I've raised some of the voltages and have not had random music stops. Will report back if the issue crops up again.
 
okunka
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
I'm having the same problem with my Motorola Xoom 3g. My media file will randomly stop playing n a weird noise will suddenly start. Until I reboot the player will just hang n the screeching sound will continue.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium
 
okunka
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
I'm having the same problem with my Motorola Xoom 3g. My media file will randomly stop playing n a weird noise will suddenly start. Until I reboot the player will just hang n the screeching sound will continue.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium
 
baldaz
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Entropy512: This problem with the i9100 is already fixed?

I want to try this ROM again but wish it was minimally stable, at least as far as the CM 10.1.3 I am using.
 
Entropy512
Old
#9  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,363
Posts: 13,269
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldaz View Post
Entropy512: This problem with the i9100 is already fixed?

I want to try this ROM again but wish it was minimally stable, at least as far as the CM 10.1.3 I am using.
Nope, so far I don't know of anyone who has fixed this issue with KitKat on the Exynos 4210 family of devices, and I also don't know why it seems to only affect Exynos 4210 devices.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
 
buzzzer
Old
#10  
buzzzer's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kuwait
Audio share the stweaks settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty_spaces View Post
Initially, I did not have this issue of music stopping at random times with stock Omni 4.4.2 and Poweramp. I started having this issue when I did some undervolting using Gustavo_s kernel and stweaks. Since then I've raised some of the voltages and have not had random music stops. Will report back if the issue crops up again.
Could you please share the voltage settings? I am also facing the random music stops.....
Current: SGS2 White
Past: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, HTC Hero, Elf, iPhone 3G

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes