Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TRANSLATION] Why don't we run a online translation platfrom?

Tip us?

updateing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Default [TRANSLATION] Why don't we run a online translation platfrom?

It's difficult to contribute a translation now. We have to sync the repo, edit the XML carefully, and make a commit for every single language. That's not easy for average users who want to contribute translations. And revising translations is going complex, too.
I find that CM is using such an online translation service to help that, why not try it for OmniROM? Thanks~
Sony Xperia TX with OmniROM 4.4
If you like my work, please consider buying me some beer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to updateing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,353

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by updateing View Post
It's difficult to contribute a translation now. We have to sync the repo, edit the XML carefully, and make a commit for every single language. That's not easy for average users who want to contribute translations. And revising translations is going complex, too.
I find that CM is using such an online translation service to help that, why not try it for OmniROM? Thanks~
CM only started doing that recently, and I know it is something @XpLoDWilD has thought of in the past... We just haven't had the time.

Honestly our translation process is one area where we really need a lot of work. I would prefer, though, if someone like plodey or max or another person whose native language is not English works on this, as they're more in tune with what translators need.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

updateing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
CM only started doing that recently, and I know it is something @XpLoDWilD has thought of in the past... We just haven't had the time.

Honestly our translation process is one area where we really need a lot of work. I would prefer, though, if someone like plodey or max or another person whose native language is not English works on this, as they're more in tune with what translators need.
Got it. When it's ready, I'll be eager to contribute some Chinese translations!
Thanks for the great work~
Sony Xperia TX with OmniROM 4.4
If you like my work, please consider buying me some beer

jri14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is this already running? How could I contribute to the translation?