[TRANSLATION] Why don't we run a online translation platfrom?

OP updateing

25th June 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan
Thanks Meter: 175

181 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's difficult to contribute a translation now. We have to sync the repo, edit the XML carefully, and make a commit for every single language. That's not easy for average users who want to contribute translations. And revising translations is going complex, too.
I find that CM is using such an online translation service to help that, why not try it for OmniROM? Thanks~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to updateing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,464

13,344 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by updateing

It's difficult to contribute a translation now. We have to sync the repo, edit the XML carefully, and make a commit for every single language. That's not easy for average users who want to contribute translations. And revising translations is going complex, too.
I find that CM is using such an online translation service to help that, why not try it for OmniROM? Thanks~

CM only started doing that recently, and I know it is something @XpLoDWilD has thought of in the past... We just haven't had the time.

Honestly our translation process is one area where we really need a lot of work. I would prefer, though, if someone like plodey or max or another person whose native language is not English works on this, as they're more in tune with what translators need.
27th June 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan
Thanks Meter: 175

181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

CM only started doing that recently, and I know it is something @XpLoDWilD has thought of in the past... We just haven't had the time.

Honestly our translation process is one area where we really need a lot of work. I would prefer, though, if someone like plodey or max or another person whose native language is not English works on this, as they're more in tune with what translators need.

Got it. When it's ready, I'll be eager to contribute some Chinese translations!
Thanks for the great work~
16th September 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

24 posts
Is this already running? How could I contribute to the translation?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread