Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XPERIA styling for OmniROM

Tip us?

Summer Son
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default XPERIA styling for OmniROM

Hi All,

I wanted to make OmniROM to look like a stock Sony XPERIA firmware, the one has nice signal bars and navigation bar symbols in particular, so I extracted necessary files from original SONY firmware and prepared them to merge with OmniROM nightly that I download and flash from time to time. Maybe someone will find these useful so I'm sharing them here along with instructions:

INSTRUCTIONS

Tools:
I advise to use 7-Zip to work with the nightly you download. You may do the same with native Windows explorer, but I wouldn't trust how it will re-pack apk archive.

1. Merging framework-res
a. Go to \system\framework, find framework-res.apk, open it inside 7-Zip as archive
b. Go to \res\drawable-xhdpi and paste there appropriate files from the attached archive
c. Go to \res\drawable-xxhdpi and paste there appropriate files from the attached archive
d. Close the archive saving (updating) all the changes in it

2. Merging SystemUI
a. Go to \system\priv-app, find SystemUI.apk, open it inside 7-Zip as archive
b. Go to \res\drawable-xxhdpi and paste there appropriate files from the attached archive
c. Close the archive saving (updating) all the changes in it

3. Your styled ROM is ready to be flashed.

ATTACHMENTS:

THESE FILES ARE ONLY FOR 1920x1080 PORTRAIT ORIENTATION DEVICES (NOT TABLETS!)

XPERIA - framework-res.zip - for styling framework-res.apk
XPERIA - SystemUI.zip - for styling SystemUI apk
XPERIA + Android L Navbar - SystemUI.zip - for styling SystemUI.apk, navigation bar will look like Android L (triangle, circle and square), images are pulled from NEXUS 5 Android L Developer Preview image
The Following User Says Thank You to Summer Son For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24103

DONATE TO ME
Winzip hax of source-built ROMs are a horrible idea.

While we won't merge anything that changes the default theme and still haven't merged a theme engine (the legacy T-Mo one had performance issues on KK, CM's new one is unstable as hell from talking to other projects that implemented it), if people REALLY want to change their UI, they should be changing the resources prior to building with a local patch, not haxing ZIPs.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
styling, xperia