[Q] Script to check for updates?

Search This thread

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
I recently started using OmniROM, and the integration of OpenDelta is a great feature. I've got a couple minor annoyances with it, however, that I believe I can fix myself.

The first annoyance is that it always seems to check for updates just a couple hours before they're available. Because of this, if I don't check manually I'll basically be a day behind all the time. Sometimes is checks a second time later, but not always. What I'd really like is to be able to control when it checks, so that when I can have it alert me at a time that would be convenient for me to apply the update.

I should be able to accomplish this fairly easily in Tasker, but I've been unsuccessful in reverse-engineering the process this far. When I was using PAC-MAN ROM I was able to trigger the update checker by running the following shell using root:
Code:
am startservice com.pac.console/com.pac.console.updateChecker

I looked into the AndroidManifest.xml for com.chainfire.opendelta but didn't see any activities or services that looked relevent. Regardless, I tried all of them but none triggered an update check.

Preferably, I could run a script that would run the check in the background (with the notification showing). I could have Tasker open the app and send a screen press, but the problem is that if it already found an update the Flash now button replaces the Check now button, so it would trigger the flash, perhaps when I don't want it to.

Can someone more knowledgable than myself ( @Chainfire ?) instruct me on the proper code I could run in a shell that would trigger OpenDelta to check for updates?

The only other annoyance I have is that there's no changelog shown. The changelog at changelog.omnirom.org is wonderful with how it integrates with github and gerrit and breaks everything down by device, but it would be so much more convenient to see the same thing in OpenDelta. As a workaround, what I'm going to set up is to trigger a task in Tasker when the update available notification exists that would then create a second notification to open up the changelog.omnirom.org page for my device.

Thanks!

Reactions: 3DSammy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently started using OmniROM, and the integration of OpenDelta is a great feature. I've got a couple minor annoyances with it, however, that I believe I can fix myself.

The first annoyance is that it always seems to check for updates just a couple hours before they're available. Because of this, if I don't check manually I'll basically be a day behind all the time. Sometimes is checks a second time later, but not always. What I'd really like is to be able to control when it checks, so that when I can have it alert me at a time that would be convenient for me to apply the update.

I should be able to accomplish this fairly easily in Tasker, but I've been unsuccessful in reverse-engineering the process this far. When I was using PAC-MAN ROM I was able to trigger the update checker by running the following shell using root:
    Code:
    am startservice com.pac.console/com.pac.console.updateChecker

I looked into the AndroidManifest.xml for com.chainfire.opendelta but didn't see any activities or services that looked relevent. Regardless, I tried all of them but none triggered an update check.

Preferably, I could run a script that would run the check in the background (with the notification showing). I could have Tasker open the app and send a screen press, but the problem is that if it already found an update the Flash now button replaces the Check now button, so it would trigger the flash, perhaps when I don't want it to.

Can someone more knowledgable than myself ( @Chainfire ?) instruct me on the proper code I could run in a shell that would trigger OpenDelta to check for updates?

The only other annoyance I have is that there's no changelog shown. The changelog at changelog.omnirom.org is wonderful with how it integrates with github and gerrit and breaks everything down by device, but it would be so much more convenient to see the same thing in OpenDelta. As a workaround, what I'm going to set up is to trigger a task in Tasker when the update available notification exists that would then create a second notification to open up the changelog.omnirom.org page for my device.

Thanks!