[Q] Superuser Question

OP jvnanu

11th July 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Does OMNIRom have its own built in Superuser app? I've been using SuperSU and every time I flash a new nightly I need to flash an update to SuperSU. Whenever I flash that update, I have to wait 15-20 minutes for the optimizing app process. It's really annoying. Any alternatives?
11th July 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,494

13,380 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnanu

Does OMNIRom have its own built in Superuser app? I've been using SuperSU and every time I flash a new nightly I need to flash an update to SuperSU. Whenever I flash that update, I have to wait 15-20 minutes for the optimizing app process. It's really annoying. Any alternatives?

Not yet. We may never include a superuser app by default as it's easier to just flash it from recovery and then enable the backup script setting of SuperSU than it is for users who are running apps which don't allow rooted devices to remove it.

I've never had SuperSU updates cause any app optimization delays except for, at most, 5-10 seconds to optimize the SuperSU app itself.
12th July 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 110

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Not yet. We may never include a superuser app by default as it's easier to just flash it from recovery and then enable the backup script setting of SuperSU than it is for users who are running apps which don't allow rooted devices to remove it.

I've never had SuperSU updates cause any app optimization delays except for, at most, 5-10 seconds to optimize the SuperSU app itself.

I recall you once said that adding SuperSU to Omni was planned and that it was all down to Chainfire and him having time to get an open source version out. I guess this is cancelled?

On a sidenote, I've always found it interesting to follow the dev process as a simple enthusiast and not an actual dev/programmer. I enjoy reading about the reasons behind Omni team's decisions. The what/how/why etc(not when; I know, no ETA). Sadly, such info is hard to come by, except in your posts which are most of the time very informative.

I was once thinking of making a thread about a collection of such posts made by Omni devs around xda; a sort of insider view about why this feature did/did not make it etc. But that would take too much time, and would amount to stalking the devs and every post they make.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread