Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Blinkfeed - English topics?

OP RealEvil

5th August 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicky

Hi,
This is my first time to modify my phone. Could you please tell me which model of HTC do you choose in the 1 step. I don't see HTC one E8 in the list of HTC phone.

Thanks,

Hi,
I follow your step and everything seems good. However, I stuck with step 5th, could you please describe how I can modify build.prop (you can find build.prop in "/system"). Set ro.product.locale.language=nl & ro.product.locale.region=NL (I found these records twice in build.prop and I changed both)?

Thanks,
5th August 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #12  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,
I follow your step and everything seems good. However, I stuck with step 5th, could you please describe how I can modify build.prop (you can find build.prop in "/system"). Set ro.product.locale.language=nl & ro.product.locale.region=NL (I found these records twice in build.prop and I changed both)?

Thanks,

There's more than one way to do it, but I did it using ES File Explorer.
You'll find build.prop by going all the way to the root of your filesystem and then enter the system folder (/system).
When you scroll down you'll find build.prop. Open it using ES notepad (or whatever is the name your local language).
Open the menu in the top right corner and choose "modify" (or whatever it says in your local language).
Find the records ro.product.locale.language & ro.product.locale.region and enter the right codes for your country and language.
Afterwards I had local feeds in Blinkfeed (I had to manualy delete the old chinese content though).
5th August 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #13  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthijsph

There's more than one way to do it, but I did it using ES File Explorer.
You'll find build.prop by going all the way to the root of your filesystem and then enter the system folder (/system).
When you scroll down you'll find build.prop. Open it using ES notepad (or whatever is the name your local language).
Open the menu in the top right corner and choose "modify" (or whatever it says in your local language).
Find the records ro.product.locale.language & ro.product.locale.region and enter the right codes for your country and language.
Afterwards I had local feeds in Blinkfeed (I had to manualy delete the old chinese content though).

I found it, but when I edit and try to save, it shows error and it will not be saved.
5th August 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #14  
Flag Rotterdam

47 posts
More
Quote:

I found it, but when I edit and try to save, it shows error and it will not be saved.

Are you sure you are s-off and did you grant root permission to ES File Explorer in SuperSu app?
Last edited by matthijsph; 5th August 2014 at 11:02 AM.
5th August 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #15  

6 posts
Quote:

Are you sure you are s-off?

Yes I install sunshine and pay them for 25$. However, i recheck by re install sunshine and it shows me that i already s-off.
5th August 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #16  
Flag Rotterdam

47 posts
More
Quote:

Yes I install sunshine and pay them for 25$. However, i recheck by re install sunshine and it shows me that i already s-off.

Did you grant root permission to ES File Explorer in SuperSu app?
14th August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:

I choose M8 but "other supported phone" will probably work too

Same here, also says system is read only. Any suggestions?
12th November 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #18  

1 posts
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:

I finaly managed to get dutch feeds in Blinkfeed.
What I did:
1. unlock the phone (see www.htcdev.com)
2. flash TWRP and rooted (http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-...luded-t2819571)
3. gain s-off (http://theroot.ninja/)
4. write Super CID (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317536)
5. modify build.prop (you can find build.prop in "/system"). Set ro.product.locale.language=nl & ro.product.locale.region=NL (I found these records twice in build.prop and I changed both)
6. go to play store, remove Blinkfeed and then reinstall Blinkfeed.

I now have local news and/or feeds in dutch on my HTC One E8 (m8sw), you can probably get them in any language you like.

Thank you very much
You helped me to correct my butterfly s, 9060 which was showing only chinese feeds. now i am able to get English as well as local language (Hindi)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread