How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Blinkfeed - English topics?

OP RealEvil

5th August 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicky

Hi,
This is my first time to modify my phone. Could you please tell me which model of HTC do you choose in the 1 step. I don't see HTC one E8 in the list of HTC phone.

Thanks,

Hi,
I follow your step and everything seems good. However, I stuck with step 5th, could you please describe how I can modify build.prop (you can find build.prop in "/system"). Set ro.product.locale.language=nl & ro.product.locale.region=NL (I found these records twice in build.prop and I changed both)?

Thanks,
5th August 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #12  
Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 8
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicky

Hi,
I follow your step and everything seems good. However, I stuck with step 5th, could you please describe how I can modify build.prop (you can find build.prop in "/system"). Set ro.product.locale.language=nl & ro.product.locale.region=NL (I found these records twice in build.prop and I changed both)?

Thanks,

There's more than one way to do it, but I did it using ES File Explorer.
You'll find build.prop by going all the way to the root of your filesystem and then enter the system folder (/system).
When you scroll down you'll find build.prop. Open it using ES notepad (or whatever is the name your local language).
Open the menu in the top right corner and choose "modify" (or whatever it says in your local language).
Find the records ro.product.locale.language & ro.product.locale.region and enter the right codes for your country and language.
Afterwards I had local feeds in Blinkfeed (I had to manualy delete the old chinese content though).
5th August 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthijsph

There's more than one way to do it, but I did it using ES File Explorer.
You'll find build.prop by going all the way to the root of your filesystem and then enter the system folder (/system).
When you scroll down you'll find build.prop. Open it using ES notepad (or whatever is the name your local language).
Open the menu in the top right corner and choose "modify" (or whatever it says in your local language).
Find the records ro.product.locale.language & ro.product.locale.region and enter the right codes for your country and language.
Afterwards I had local feeds in Blinkfeed (I had to manualy delete the old chinese content though).

I found it, but when I edit and try to save, it shows error and it will not be saved.
5th August 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #14  
Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 8
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicky

I found it, but when I edit and try to save, it shows error and it will not be saved.

Are you sure you are s-off and did you grant root permission to ES File Explorer in SuperSu app?
Last edited by matthijsph; 5th August 2014 at 11:02 AM.
5th August 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthijsph

Are you sure you are s-off?


Yes I install sunshine and pay them for 25$. However, i recheck by re install sunshine and it shows me that i already s-off.
5th August 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #16  
Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 8
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosicky

Yes I install sunshine and pay them for 25$. However, i recheck by re install sunshine and it shows me that i already s-off.

Did you grant root permission to ES File Explorer in SuperSu app?
14th August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthijsph

I choose M8 but "other supported phone" will probably work too

Same here, also says system is read only. Any suggestions?
12th November 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthijsph

I finaly managed to get dutch feeds in Blinkfeed.
What I did:
1. unlock the phone (see www.htcdev.com)
2. flash TWRP and rooted (http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-...luded-t2819571)
3. gain s-off (http://theroot.ninja/)
4. write Super CID (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317536)
5. modify build.prop (you can find build.prop in "/system"). Set ro.product.locale.language=nl & ro.product.locale.region=NL (I found these records twice in build.prop and I changed both)
6. go to play store, remove Blinkfeed and then reinstall Blinkfeed.

I now have local news and/or feeds in dutch on my HTC One E8 (m8sw), you can probably get them in any language you like.

Thank you very much
You helped me to correct my butterfly s, 9060 which was showing only chinese feeds. now i am able to get English as well as local language (Hindi)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes