Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more
Post Reply

Replace Boot Logo (Splash Screen) and Boot animation

22nd August 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 4
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Hi all !


Replacing boot animation is easy - it's in system/customize/resources folder.
Replace the zip files and reboot.

Just remember to change the permissions on them.

The real question is how to replace the annoying splash screen ?

what's the correct andoid-info file and has anyone got a proper .img from stock HTC ?

Thanks !!!
22nd August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236
 
599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion82

Hi all !


Replacing boot animation is easy - it's in system/customize/resources folder.
Replace the zip files and reboot.

Just remember to change the permissions on them.

The real question is how to replace the annoying splash screen ?

what's the correct andoid-info file and has anyone got a proper .img from stock HTC ?

Thanks !!!

Maybe we can use the one for M8?? Do not know if we have to modify something before we use it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713947
22nd August 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 4
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Well that's the thing ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gommers1978

Maybe we can use the one for M8?? Do not know if we have to modify something before we use it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713947


From what I know, messing with splash can be risky since there's always a chance to overwrite a wrong partition on the phone.
I can't find any information anywhere about file structure of e8 ...

Can anyone confirm whether it's identical to M8 ?
22nd August 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236
 
599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion82

From what I know, messing with splash can be risky since there's always a chance to overwrite a wrong partition on the phone.
I can't find any information anywhere about file structure of e8 ...

Can anyone confirm whether it's identical to M8 ?

If the tool can pull it from the E8 i would think it will use the right partition. I will check it as soon as i receive my E8.
24th August 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Stock sp1.img from E8 (Taiwan single sim edtion )
Attached Files
File Type: img sp1.img - [Click for QR Code] (5.00 MB, 29 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to kevin3688 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236
 
599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin3688

Stock sp1.img from E8 (Taiwan single sim edtion )

Anyone tried this one??
26th August 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236
 
599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Other splash htc one e8
Instructions for other splash:

Place the splash.zip on c:\

Have adb installed on your PC

Open command prompt and cd\ to c:\

connect your HTC to usb

Type:

adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip splash.zip

let the zip be installed.

after finishing type fastboot reboot

You now have HTC standard splash!!!

Use it at your own risk, tested on my HTC E8 (M8sw) and works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip splash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (19.9 KB, 38 views)
Last edited by gommers1978; 26th August 2014 at 07:46 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to gommers1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot animation, boot logo, splash, splash image, splash screen
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes