FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Sense 7 apps on Lollipop Sense 6

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 23
 
By crystal_ball, Member on 27th May 2015, 05:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Sense 7 has been out for some months already and one of its best features is theming capability. The Themes app is available on devices running Sense 6 on Lollipop, but most stock apps still follows the old theme system, which only has 4 themes.

Luckily, some of the Sense 7 apps can be installed on Sense 6 without root. Here are the ones I've tested on my M8Sx (single-SIM, WWE Asia). Some of these apps are available on APKMirror and the rest are extracted from Sense 7 ROMs for M8/M9. They can be uninstalled cleanly - if you can't uninstall them from Settings, try dragging them from the app drawer to the trash icon, or using an application manager.

Here are some images of the new apps: http://imgur.com/a/ZaI5u#0
In case you haven't noticed, some of the apps have square dots on the menu button and some have round dots. The ones with round dots are taken from MaximusHD ROM, based on Android 5.1. Perhaps on 5.1, Sense 7 will go with round dots like stock Android.
Last edited by crystal_ball; 6th August 2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Updated Calendar
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crystal_ball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
27th May 2015, 05:40 AM |#2  
Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
If i install these apps can i get the original app update released by HTC in play store?
27th May 2015, 06:43 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivajithee

If i install these apps can i get the original app update released by HTC in play store?

Of course. You only need to uninstall the Sense 7 version first.
27th May 2015, 07:46 AM |#4  
Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_ball

Of course. You only need to uninstall the Sense 7 version first.

But how I can know that an update is available when sense 7 version is already installed (already I have installed sense 7 clock and phone app though)..

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

how to uninstall the htc contact dialer app v7 or how to uninstall the updates?.. cant find any option to uninstall the updates
27th May 2015, 11:26 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivajithee


But how I can know that an update is available when sense 7 version is already installed (already I have installed sense 7 clock and phone app though)..

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

how to uninstall the htc contact dialer app v7 or how to uninstall the updates?.. cant find any option to uninstall the updates

Most of these apps I've listed here are either not on the Play Store (such as Contacts, widgets, Mail, Calendar) or their latest versions are not compatible with the E8 (Camera, Tasks) so there is no need to check for updates.

To uninstall them, drag them from your app drawer to the uninstall icon on your home screen.

By the way, you should uninstall the Sense 7 Clock app (not the widget!). It's available on the Play Store and is compatible with the E8.
The Following User Says Thank You to crystal_ball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2015, 09:05 PM |#6  
noctuam's Avatar
Member
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thx for the apps. Would be great if You could extract and upload an sms app

Sent from my HTC One_E8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to noctuam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2015, 08:40 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noctuam

Thx for the apps. Would be great if You could extract and upload an sms app

Sent from my HTC One_E8 using XDA Free mobile app

I tried to install the Messaging app from MaximusHD and also from BinDroid, but I couldn't.
1st June 2015, 02:35 PM |#8  
Silver.Shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_ball

Clock Widget 7.0.497815: It adds two widgets - a THEMEABLE transparent one and a solid one.
Here are some images of the new apps: http://imgur.com/a/ZaI5u#0

I had a question regarding the themeable clock widget, is it totally themeable? Like even on the homescreen we'll be able to get different clock styles from the themes right? Did you check whether it's working properly or not?
Also, do the dialer and contacts app work properly? Without any crashes and bugs?
Thanks a lot btw.
Last edited by Silver.Shadow; 1st June 2015 at 02:37 PM.
1st June 2015, 05:01 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Shadow


I had a question regarding the themeable clock widget, is it totally themeable? Like even on the homescreen we'll be able to get different clock styles from the themes right? Did you check whether it's working properly or not?
Also, do the dialer and contacts app work properly? Without any crashes and bugs?
Thanks a lot btw.

The transparent clock is totally themeable, but the solid clock isn't and always looks like the default one on Sense 7. Take a look at the album I've posted and see for yourself.

I haven't got any problems with the contacts and dialler app, but my phone is single-SIM and I extracted that app from a single-SIM ROM so it may not work on dual-SIM phones. Luckily, it's easy to uninstall the app in case anything goes wrong. If the app doesn't work for you, try using the apk from BinDroid.
The Following User Says Thank You to crystal_ball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2015, 03:27 PM |#10  
Silver.Shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_ball

The transparent clock is totally themeable, but the solid clock isn't and always looks like the default one on Sense 7. Take a look at the album I've posted and see for yourself.

I haven't got any problems with the contacts and dialler app, but my phone is single-SIM and I extracted that app from a single-SIM ROM so it may not work on dual-SIM phones. Luckily, it's easy to uninstall the app in case anything goes wrong. If the app doesn't work for you, try using the apk from BinDroid.

Have you tried the latest camera app update which came out 3-4 days back? Does it work with the E8 too? Any clue where I can get that apk if it works?
I tried contacting HTC about why the camera isn't available for E8 via playstore. They said it was an issue with Google and will take some time to fix.
25th June 2015, 07:26 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Shadow


Have you tried the latest camera app update which came out 3-4 days back? Does it work with the E8 too? Any clue where I can get that apk if it works?
I tried contacting HTC about why the camera isn't available for E8 via playstore. They said it was an issue with Google and will take some time to fix.

It's on APKMirror. I edited my post yesterday to include the update. APKMirror has a Pushbullet channel to check for app updates, so if you've got Pushbullet you can receive notifications for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to crystal_ball For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes