Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Dot View Case

OP RLKirk

27th August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 110

471 posts
More
So I will be the first to bite. I have the Dot View case and since I have both the android and wiindows M8's I figured I would share what I like and don't like. Well its easy windows is exactly the same expect there is a few more notifications and windows does not have any themes. Themes would be cool but I don't see a way for them to update the app so Idk if we will get them lol. Anyone else have any thoughts
4th September 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Paramus
Thanks Meter: 7

36 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLKirk

So I will be the first to bite. I have the Dot View case and since I have both the android and wiindows M8's I figured I would share what I like and don't like. Well its easy windows is exactly the same expect there is a few more notifications and windows does not have any themes. Themes would be cool but I don't see a way for them to update the app so Idk if we will get them lol. Anyone else have any thoughts

Pictures?
6th September 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Knoxville

471 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterguy635

Pictures?

what would you like pics of?
6th September 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Paramus
Thanks Meter: 7

36 posts
More
Quote:

what would you like pics of?

I'd like to see how the interface looks on the windows phone version and how it handles notifications compared to the Android m8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th September 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Knoxville

471 posts
More
Quote:

I'd like to see how the interface looks on the windows phone version and how it handles notifications compared to the Android m8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Here is a picture of the settings menu and a link to a YouTube video. I will snap a picture of the notifications in the morning. Found another annoyance. When you close the case it goes to the dot view mode before turning off the screen my OCD makes me press the power button everytime lol

Edit: YouTube link. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-RN0iN7Ok
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20140906_0002.png
Views:	147
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	2927521  
26th September 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Wink For Case
Quote:

Could you Share your feeling about the case ?
26th September 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Knoxville

471 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelababay@outlook.com

Could you Share your feeling about the case ?

works the same as the android case if you have ever used it. Case doesnt offer alot of protection and you have to clean your phone from all the particles that get inbetween the case and the phone. other then that i love it. still using it if that says anything
28th September 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 217

619 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Pictures?

I've got some pics in the thread in my sig. They are all screenshots, but its good enough.

Beyond that, anyone should be able to make a third party/cheap case. All it uses is a small magnet in the case and a sensor under the screen to activate it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread