Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The Official RUU of M8 for Windows Phone (Verizon Edition)

OP sea-monsters

24th December 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #71  
Flag Tidioute PA
Thanks Meter: 114

481 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compu829

as long as the certificate info blown into the eFUSEs matches between the Android and Windows versions, You should be able to Goldcard flash using the Y-Cable method. that will put the whole nbh onto the device.

Is Goldcard flashing more complicated then it was under Windows 7 Phones? I accidentally flashed a HTC Arrive (GoldC) bootloader to my HTC Trophy (SparkW), and was able to recover my Trophy with Goldcard after changing my Goldcard to work with the the HTC Arrive bootloader (I caught the mistake fast as soon as it booted up, so the phone never booted past the loader... prob saved me a complete bricking).

Are there new checks in place that prevent cross flashing via Goldcard with a simple file name (my googlefu is failing me atm), or has no one discovered the proper name of the image on either the M8 or WPM8? I'll likely be buying the WPM8 soon, and will start investigating this matter once I have it.
Last edited by TheXev; 24th December 2014 at 03:57 AM.
31st December 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 254

303 posts
More
@TheXev on the Windows side, goldcard functions just the same as it used to on the Windows Phone 7-based devices. The name of the file for goldcard flashing is "W8ULDIAG.nbh"
The Following User Says Thank You to compu829 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 09:09 AM   |  #73  
Flag Tidioute PA
Thanks Meter: 114

481 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've read this entire thread again, and I'd just like to note that this image does flash on my true Windows based M8. Maybe I'll try attacking it from the other side, and try loading android on it?

Earlier in this thread, a link to ACDU was posted. I used that, and held both vol buttons on my M8 for Windows as I powered it on (don't start it with the USB cable already inserted, it doesn't like that for some reason). I'll record a video of the process from the Windows perspective because I have no clue if its similar to the Android side or not.

Restoring seemed to work perfectly in Windows 8.1, so all of my apps and settings came back right away! Since I don't have much to lose I'll do it again with video.

*edit* I slapped together a video. I apologize for some of the editing, but some of my MIED info would have displayed otherwise. :/

I'd be willing to try flashing Android to it if I could change the model number on the phone itself. :/
Last edited by TheXev; 25th January 2015 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheXev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:14 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 7

162 posts
Hi there just wondering, is there a way to flash w8 on my vzw htc one m8? I'm already S-Off, rooted and right now have lollipop on it, but I have alway wanted to try windows phone! Any help would be nice if it's possible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc m8, verizon, windows phone
Previous Thread Next Thread