Short Overview

OP Silotolis

9th September 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
More
Just wanted to give an overview of the HTC One M8 WP Edition to those who were wondering what it's like..

Performance wise, the WP 8.1 is actually a really smooth OS that I've never ran into any problems with so far. The only bad side to the platform is not being able to download the same variety of apps you can on an android phone (hopefully can be ported soon).

The best part of the phone, in my opinion, is the speakers. They are not only loud, but also surprisingly clear and crisp. A lot of my friends always ask me if I'm using a Bluetooth speaker, when it's really just my phone playing music.

The screen is amazing. The viewing angles are great, and everything is just perfect. There is one issue with the auto brightness where it wouldn't lower to the lowest brightness in a pure dark condition and wouldn't raise all the way in the sun. This isn't just my device as one of my friends also experienced this. Hopefully this is a software issue that can be fixed.

Overall, the phone performs just was well as the regular Android or HTC Sense editions (same hardware). The browser could use a little bit of work because it's relatively slow, but that's why 3rd part apps exist.

If you guys have any questions about the phone, I'll be happy to try to answer them below. Thanks!
21st September 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

45 posts
How's the battery life?
21st September 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremacam

How's the battery life?

Battery life is actually really good.

I wake up around 7AM, attend class, and go to sleep around 11. By then, there is still about 30 percent of battery left.

I use it pretty heavily too (youtube, browsing, gaming).

On weekends I don't have to charge it until Sunday.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I usually use the medium brightness setting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread