Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One M8 on Windows 8.1

Tip us?

Harish_Kumar
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reality View Post
This faceless guy claims to have a WP8.1 ROM. No talking about it, just showing his phone. May or may not be real but one commenter said they flashed it and it works great. I'm highly skeptical.
Its completely fake!
0.69mb for an android Rom? Seriously? I am sure it will be an adware or trojan
If I Helped You In Anyway ...Hit The Thanks button..!

NJGSII
Old
Thanks Meter 323
If you would had scrolled up a few posts you would had seen that was already posted. If anything legit progress were to be made, this thread would blow up.
Current Devices:

AT&T HTC One M8

Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4

hawknest
Old
Thanks Meter 12,490

DONATE TO ME
Paitience

Revamped 2.0 Lunar 4.4.3

Helps support development, Not Expected but Appreciated...

Follow Development @ http://www.android-edge.com

Or Search Edge On TapaTalk

And Twitter @Hawknest12

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawknest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dark Reality
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGSII View Post
If you would had scrolled up a few posts you would had seen that was already posted. If anything legit progress were to be made, this thread would blow up.
If you were talking to the guy who quoted me, he quoted me, he didn't repost the hoax. He hit the quote-reply button, just as I've done to you.

If you were talking to me, no it wasn't, though I am curious as to what you were looking at. This topic was moved from the Verizon HTC One M8 forum to the Windows M8 forum. The latter is a desolate wasteland. And in the former, I see no mention of the hoax.

Either way, I agree with your second statement. I expressed my skepticism to the guy who posted it on Google+, and rather than respond to any of my points, he just +1'd my comment and that was that. I did tell him to come here if he had anything legit to bring to the table. It would seem he does not.
HTC One M8 / Verizon / CleanROM

hawknest
Old
Thanks Meter 12,490

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you were talking to the guy who quoted me, he quoted me, he didn't repost the hoax. He hit the quote-reply button, just as I've done to you.

If you were talking to me, no it wasn't, though I am curious as to what you were looking at. This topic was moved from the Verizon HTC One M8 forum to the Windows M8 forum. The latter is a desolate wasteland. And in the former, I see no mention of the hoax.

Either way, I agree with your second statement. I expressed my skepticism to the guy who posted it on Google+, and rather than respond to any of my points, he just +1'd my comment and that was that. I did tell him to come here if he had anything legit to bring to the table. It would seem he does not.
Regardless or not if he has it or not ... I will be putting myself up to the challenge . No guarantees but it will be tried .. and I like the satisfaction of trying especially if all works out "fingers crossed"

Revamped 2.0 Lunar 4.4.3

Helps support development, Not Expected but Appreciated...

Follow Development @ http://www.android-edge.com

Or Search Edge On TapaTalk

And Twitter @Hawknest12

The Following User Says Thank You to hawknest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Oditius
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This topic was moved from the Verizon HTC One M8 forum to the Windows M8 forum. The latter is a desolate wasteland. And in the former, I see no mention of the hoax.
I was wondering why there was 2 threads with the same exact title.

Quote:
The latter is a desolate wasteland
Well, keep coming back and posting, but until more carriers pick this phone up, and hopefully they will, there needs to be more inquiries. I hope it does pick up, I hope they succeed in at least being able to flash the WP on to the M8. I own 2 M8's on AT&T, I would love to flash WP on one. Otherwise I will sell one and buy the AT&T version when it comes out. So please keep the comments going and spread the news....
Oditius (2 HTC One M8's w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

Dark Reality
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
Well, keep coming back and posting, but until more carriers pick this phone up, and hopefully they will, there needs to be more inquiries. I hope it does pick up, I hope they succeed in at least being able to flash the WP on to the M8. I own 2 M8's on AT&T, I would love to flash WP on one. Otherwise I will sell one and buy the AT&T version when it comes out. So please keep the comments going and spread the news....
I might, if WP8 gets released (officially or otherwise) for the regular M8, but I'm only even here because the thread was moved and it's in my active discussions in Tapatalk, and I get notifications on the PC because I'm subscribed. I prefer Android to WP8 for a few reasons; the greatest of which are trace typing and my investment in so many Android apps. Same reason I only briefly considered the iPhone 5S (mind you I was coming from a Samsung, my confidence in Android was at a pretty deep low).

I would like for a phone that can dual boot or switch between Android and WP, and the M8 is the ideal platform for it. Beast of a phone, and both operating systems are on both.
HTC One M8 / Verizon / CleanROM

Oditius
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I might, if WP8 gets released (officially or otherwise) for the regular M8, but I'm only even here because the thread was moved and it's in my active discussions in Tapatalk, and I get notifications on the PC because I'm subscribed. I prefer Android to WP8 for a few reasons; the greatest of which are trace typing and my investment in so many Android apps. Same reason I only briefly considered the iPhone 5S (mind you I was coming from a Samsung, my confidence in Android was at a pretty deep low).

I would like for a phone that can dual boot or switch between Android and WP, and the M8 is the ideal platform for it. Beast of a phone, and both operating systems are on both.
I like both OS's (Android & WP) I need an app Android has but WP doesn't. So I am on my M8. Dual boot would be great because I have paid apps on both OS's. There are some thing WP does I like and same for Android... A dual boot would have the best of both worlds.
Oditius (2 HTC One M8's w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

confyzone
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
I like both OS's (Android & WP) I need an app Android has but WP doesn't. So I am on my M8. Dual boot would be great because I have paid apps on both OS's. There are some thing WP does I like and same for Android... A dual boot would have the best of both worlds.
I'm in the same boat. Have my m8, but loved windows phone 8.1 on my lumia 1020. I'd love fit for the ability to dual boot both OS's
Current Devices:

Nokia Lumia 1020 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Retired Devices:

Blackberry Z10 - iPhone 4S - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Blackberry Bold 9900 - HTC One X Evita - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Skyrocket - iPhone 4S - LG Optimus 3D - plus many more rest their souls

alteam
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Any news regarding an international version?