FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC One M8 on Windows 8.1

25th September 2014, 10:23 PM |#81  
Flag LillestrÝm
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I would be down to put up a substantial amount to make dual boot happen (like pay for a donor device)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benziii For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th October 2014, 11:35 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Updated my M8 Firmware/Radio just last nite. due to Viper Venom 3.0.1 needs and was actually paying for the "sunshine" help - which is rather unusual for me (FireWater Weaksauce etc. didn't work).

I am actually glad nobody here came up yet with a weekend occupying win81 on m8 step by step instruction or Dual Boot

---------------
BTW - Have a M7 32 GB Rooted S-OFF Viper Venom but cracked glass. Can ship in Europe or Switzerland. Works charming and has enough power for other "duties"
10th November 2014, 12:58 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
The phone is now available for att and verizon. Maybe something might get going then? Seems doubtful
11th November 2014, 01:25 AM |#84  
Flag Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasstar

The phone is now available for att and verizon. Maybe something might get going then? Seems doubtful

All interest for this has kinda died off
11th November 2014, 01:26 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Oh well. I think there is still hope. Maybe something will leak from HTC
30th January 2015, 06:51 PM |#86  
Flag Rock Hill
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I think this is how it works, if you think about it, Windows 8.1 is running a dumbed down components of RT that came on the Surfaces. If we can break the UEFI secure boot bootloader then we can develop a UEFI bootloader with the correct radios. Then we would have to install Windows OS Bootloader, so what you want to do is install two windows RT operating systems on to the device, once you do that then you can edit entries. Then someone can develop a emulator to run Android on the second installed windows RT. Rename the entry and boom there you go you have a touch bootloader with the Entry of Windows and Android. The only problem is you have to take out all the bloatware out of the second installed operating system. Android isn't technically running on the hard ware its virtually running. If not you are going to need to figure out how to make a EFI android to settle on to the device. So the bounty is going to be more than what the HTC HD2 was. Remember you are dealing with UEFI secure boots and you have to find away to assign the RT signatures to the bootloader to make it come up. Its not a simple flash and play anymore. But with the right minds and the persistence and determination you can over come up. If someone was able to get RT on a bios based HTC HD2 then it is achievable you just to reverse engineer and forget how the older phones work. Think outside the box.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread