Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Willing to Pay For a Developer Version

Tip us?

carlosjcar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Willing to Pay For a Developer Version

Hey Microsoft I have bought many developer version devices from HTC because of being able to tinker with them without the hassle of the bootloader being locked. If you allowed HTC Sell developer versions of the M8 FOR Windows Many developers would buy them and would develope for your platform without you having to motivate them so much. Think about this there are many Android versions out there and if you allowed us to dual boot many people would start to like WP more think about it. IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE FIGURE it out but if you Help us You will Win many followers. You are about to follow in blackberry and Palms situation because let's face it Windows 8 was not what you expected. And the Surface, well let's just just say that if I was able to boot Ubuntu on it like on my mac you would had sold more. Like I said let us dual boot You have nothing and everything to loose.[emoji52]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosjcar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samuelgames
Old
(Last edited by Samuelgames; 31st August 2014 at 01:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
If you allowed HTC Sell developer versions of the M8 FOR Windows Many developers would buy them and would develope for your platform without you having to motivate them so much
Not going to happen, their contracts say Secure Boot must be enforced and it's not going to change for a while

Quote:
IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE FIGURE it out
If you donate to the developers as a token of motivation then sure it's possible

Quote:
I was able to boot Ubuntu on it like on my mac you would had sold more.
Ubuntu has no commercial market, and you can run Ubuntu on it if you want.

Quote:
[emoji52]
What