[Q] Issue with default music player timing

Search This thread

matthewa150

May 27, 2015
I noticed that while using the default player for music the time indexing in the song gets screwed up if I lock my phone and then go back in. It appears to lose count of where I am in the song and when I go back to look at it is is always behind where it actually is. It will end with anywhere from 20 to 50 seconds remaining in the song according to it (for example I start a song, lock the screen and wait a minute, then go back and it says the song has only been playing for 20 seconds), it then proceeds to skip that remaining time and go to the next song so it doesn't effect the playback of music at all but is more of a nuisance. I have checked with other music apps (like Google Play Music) and this problem does not occur and am posting this because I have had trouble finding people with the same issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. (In regards to software, it is all stock)

goffmj

Mar 7, 2010
Minneapolis
I have experienced this too, even on a stock system. Sorry to say, but you may be stuck waiting for HTC to fix that bug.