Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Optimizing Battery Life

OP Wutang200

14th July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 51

338 posts
Could I install a Google launcher without rooting it?
19th July 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #12  
Flag essex
Thanks Meter: 21

154 posts
More
theme
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001

For me Blinkfeed replaced the GenieWidget, but I use Nova as Launcher (see Screenshot). And here is my list of disabled apps.

could I ask what Nova theme you are using on the screenshot thanks
19th July 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
Standard Nova theme.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomatende2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #14  
Flag essex
Thanks Meter: 21

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001

Standard Nova theme.

thanks
23rd July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 3

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang200

I understand it's got a battery saver built in but unsure if it disables sync or not. Sync is required for emails, syncing Chrome stuff, etc.

Yeah the built in 'Power Saver [1]' and 'Extreme Power Saver [2]' apps kill background sync/WiFi/data when the screen is off [1] and when the app is activated [2].

I use [1] as standard and it's really good for battery life, usually lasting me 2-3 days with minimal use or 1 day with heavy use. The sync is only killed when the screen is off so you receive notifications all at once when you check your phone so you're in control. As part of this, you can set [2] to activate at a particular % of remaining battery to further conserve power.

I'm also using Nova Launcher Prime as its much smoother and cleaner than BlinkFeed and probably uses less resources.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread