Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] HTC write system protection?

Tip us?

gibihr
Old
(Last edited by gibihr; 7th July 2014 at 11:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001 View Post
But this is not a official version! This zip overwrite your audio configuration! Be carefully. I repaired it with the files from the "big" M8. Runs better than ever.
There was somewhere in the official thread in the faq a question like "i can't install it anyway? Then try with the flashable zip", it's the same zip that I posted.. Sorry, I'll give you the right link as soon as I find it... but as you solved it anyway,how did you do it?
HTC One Mini 2
Nexus 5

tomatende2001
Old
(Last edited by tomatende2001; 7th July 2014 at 11:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
After I repaired my phone, I never would like to use this app.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomatende2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gibihr
Old
(Last edited by gibihr; 7th July 2014 at 11:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
And then installed v4a? As normal app?
HTC One Mini 2
Nexus 5

tomatende2001
Old
Thanks Meter 9
No, after this repair I was happy that my phone works again. Until there is no official ROM that I can flash or where I can extract the original files, I do not make any change on my phone again!

gibihr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Confirmed - it's a problem caused by HTC's system write protection. Liberty Kernel solved the issue with viper4android.
HTC One Mini 2
Nexus 5

tomatende2001
Old
Thanks Meter 9
But you need a new kernel. With the Android rSAP App you can create a flashable driver ZIP, I think this is the better way to install drivers for an App. They also create a uninstall ZIP.

gibihr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001 View Post
But you need a new kernel. With the Android rSAP App you can create a flashable driver ZIP, I think this is the better way to install drivers for an App. They also create a uninstall ZIP.
I couldnt find drivers for v4a, i reflashed stock kernel after installing drivers, the problem was indeed system write, no incompatiblity or stuff like that the app is now installed and finally fully working!
HTC One Mini 2
Nexus 5

tomatende2001
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am happy with the write protection, because you never know, what the "driver installation" changed on your system. In a zip I can take a look about the modification and for example with the rSAP app I KNOW, that I can deinstall all modifications. But I dont know anything about Viper4Android. So I have to look for another DSP manager ...