Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] HTC M8 Mini (Mini 2), Android Kitkat 4.2.2

Tip us?
 
..eredn..
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Battery Low [ROOT] HTC M8 Mini (Mini 2), Android Kitkat 4.2.2

Hi All,

I've just rejoined the forum after some considerable time off, it's good to be back.

I have just purchased the HTC One M8 Mini (aka HTC One Mini 2). With the sea of content on the web for the M8 I'm shocked that I'm unable to find any working method to get the M8 mini rooted. None of the custom recoveries for the M8 appear to work (I've tried CWM, PhilZ & TWRP inc. the Sprint versions).

The bootloader unlocked with no problems using the M8 entry, but the recoveries just wont play ball. They will flash, but the bootloader wont boot into the recovery image and just boots back to the HBOOT splash screen.

There is literally nothing on the web. It might be too soon after the release to have anything ported but though i'd get ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

..eredn..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ..eredn.. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tomatende2001
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 92
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am also frustrated about the situation. The owners of this forum don't like the mini version. The not buyable E8 gets a forum, the available Mini 2 not. And without their own forum also no software for the Mini 2 is published.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomatende2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
..eredn..
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001 View Post
I am also frustrated about the situation. The owners of this forum don't like the mini version. The not buyable E8 gets a forum, the available Mini 2 not. And without their own forum also no software for the Mini 2 is published.
Thanks for the reply

I may find myself on an Android development course fairly soon then

One thing I have managed to do though is screw my signal up, I keep getting 'No Service' and the X above the signal bars. I've read into it a little and looks like my phone number and MEID are zero'd out. Have you come across this before?

If you have one too, could you check if your details are the same as mine and provide a nandriod if so?

cid: ORANG001
version-main: 1.16.61.2

The commands are:

fastboot getvar version-main
fastboot oem readcid

That may help me get back the stock recovery as I'm a little stuck at the moment and cannot factory reset
 
..eredn..
Old
(Last edited by ..eredn..; 22nd June 2014 at 02:36 PM.) Reason: more info
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Cool ITS BACK!!

ok, I've got my signal back.......

The fix was...wait for it...Turning Airplane Mode 'On' then 'Off'. This brought up the message 'Preparing SIM' and the signal returned. I'm not sure what will happen if I reboot, but I've just bought a nano sim adapter so I can put/test my sim in my SGSII if I screw this up again. I'm not touching this again until Tuesday when that arrives.

My MEID and Phone Number still display as all zeros (0000000000000) but it would appear that this is usual for GSM models.

I will use this thread as a bit of a project thread and post my findings with the Mini 2 and hope I find a small community of users to bounce off.#

Regards

..eredn..
 
tomatende2001
Old
(Last edited by tomatende2001; 22nd June 2014 at 02:47 PM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 92
Join Date: Sep 2007
On my phone all works fine. Have you tried to enter your APN data manually?
 
djluisbento
Old
#6  
djluisbento's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Leiria
I have the HTC One mini 2 (m8 mini) and i want to root to
cid: HTC__001 UK
 
Dabman
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by djluisbento View Post
I have the HTC One mini 2 (m8 mini) and i want to root to
cid: HTC__001 UK
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/06...ung-galaxy-s5/

Working on mum_ul (european mini 2)
check.
Device:
training sample HTC One X /Grey S-OFF SuperCID
training sample HTC One X+ /White S-OFF SuperCID
prototype HTC Desire C /Black S-OFF SuperCID
prototype HTC One V /Black S-OFF SuperCID
training sample HTC One SV /Black S-OFF SuperCID
training sample HTC One Mini /White S-OFF SuperCID
training sample HTC Desire 500 /Black S-OFF SuperCID
HTC M8 Mini (M8_UL) /Grey S-OFF SuperCID
prototype HTC M8 Mini (MUM_UL) /Silver S-OFF SuperCID
 
tomatende2001
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 92
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabman View Post
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/06...ung-galaxy-s5/

Working on mum_ul (european mini 2)
check.
I'm trying towelroot (Original site: http://towelroot.com/) and it does not work on my mini 2.
CID: HTC__102

It says "rooted" but it is not realy rooted.
 
mumu02
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: May 2009
Same problem here with CID: HTC__102 (European version)

towelroot doesn't work
 
EddyOS
Old
#10  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,046
Posts: 13,306
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..eredn.. View Post
Hi All,

I've just rejoined the forum after some considerable time off, it's good to be back.

I have just purchased the HTC One M8 Mini (aka HTC One Mini 2). With the sea of content on the web for the M8 I'm shocked that I'm unable to find any working method to get the M8 mini rooted. None of the custom recoveries for the M8 appear to work (I've tried CWM, PhilZ & TWRP inc. the Sprint versions).

The bootloader unlocked with no problems using the M8 entry, but the recoveries just wont play ball. They will flash, but the bootloader wont boot into the recovery image and just boots back to the HBOOT splash screen.

There is literally nothing on the web. It might be too soon after the release to have anything ported but though i'd get ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

..eredn..
That's because they're not for the Mini 2. You'll have to wait for a custom recovery to appear for your model
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes