Battery Low

[ROOT] HTC M8 Mini (Mini 2), Android Kitkat 4.2.2

22nd June 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

8 posts
Hi All,

I've just rejoined the forum after some considerable time off, it's good to be back.

I have just purchased the HTC One M8 Mini (aka HTC One Mini 2). With the sea of content on the web for the M8 I'm shocked that I'm unable to find any working method to get the M8 mini rooted. None of the custom recoveries for the M8 appear to work (I've tried CWM, PhilZ & TWRP inc. the Sprint versions).

The bootloader unlocked with no problems using the M8 entry, but the recoveries just wont play ball. They will flash, but the bootloader wont boot into the recovery image and just boots back to the HBOOT splash screen.

There is literally nothing on the web. It might be too soon after the release to have anything ported but though i'd get ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

..eredn..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ..eredn.. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
I am also frustrated about the situation. The owners of this forum don't like the mini version. The not buyable E8 gets a forum, the available Mini 2 not. And without their own forum also no software for the Mini 2 is published.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomatende2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001

I am also frustrated about the situation. The owners of this forum don't like the mini version. The not buyable E8 gets a forum, the available Mini 2 not. And without their own forum also no software for the Mini 2 is published.

Thanks for the reply

I may find myself on an Android development course fairly soon then

One thing I have managed to do though is screw my signal up, I keep getting 'No Service' and the X above the signal bars. I've read into it a little and looks like my phone number and MEID are zero'd out. Have you come across this before?

If you have one too, could you check if your details are the same as mine and provide a nandriod if so?

cid: ORANG001
version-main: 1.16.61.2

The commands are:

fastboot getvar version-main
fastboot oem readcid

That may help me get back the stock recovery as I'm a little stuck at the moment and cannot factory reset
22nd June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Cool ITS BACK!!
ok, I've got my signal back.......

The fix was...wait for it...Turning Airplane Mode 'On' then 'Off'. This brought up the message 'Preparing SIM' and the signal returned. I'm not sure what will happen if I reboot, but I've just bought a nano sim adapter so I can put/test my sim in my SGSII if I screw this up again. I'm not touching this again until Tuesday when that arrives.

My MEID and Phone Number still display as all zeros (0000000000000) but it would appear that this is usual for GSM models.

I will use this thread as a bit of a project thread and post my findings with the Mini 2 and hope I find a small community of users to bounce off.#

Regards

..eredn..
Last edited by ..eredn..; 22nd June 2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: more info
22nd June 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #5  

92 posts
On my phone all works fine. Have you tried to enter your APN data manually?
Last edited by tomatende2001; 22nd June 2014 at 02:47 PM.
23rd June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
More
I have the HTC One mini 2 (m8 mini) and i want to root to
cid: HTC__001 UK
25th June 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djluisbento

I have the HTC One mini 2 (m8 mini) and i want to root to
cid: HTC__001 UK

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/06...ung-galaxy-s5/

Working on mum_ul (european mini 2)
check.
25th June 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #8  

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabman

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/06...ung-galaxy-s5/

Working on mum_ul (european mini 2)
check.

I'm trying towelroot (Original site: http://towelroot.com/) and it does not work on my mini 2.
CID: HTC__102

It says "rooted" but it is not realy rooted.
25th June 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Same problem here with CID: HTC__102 (European version)

towelroot doesn't work
25th June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,057

13,324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..eredn..

Hi All,

I've just rejoined the forum after some considerable time off, it's good to be back.

I have just purchased the HTC One M8 Mini (aka HTC One Mini 2). With the sea of content on the web for the M8 I'm shocked that I'm unable to find any working method to get the M8 mini rooted. None of the custom recoveries for the M8 appear to work (I've tried CWM, PhilZ & TWRP inc. the Sprint versions).

The bootloader unlocked with no problems using the M8 entry, but the recoveries just wont play ball. They will flash, but the bootloader wont boot into the recovery image and just boots back to the HBOOT splash screen.

There is literally nothing on the web. It might be too soon after the release to have anything ported but though i'd get ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.

..eredn..

That's because they're not for the Mini 2. You'll have to wait for a custom recovery to appear for your model

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread