FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Question Htc connected as a "media device"

13th November 2014, 06:25 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm sorry for my low level of english, I'll try to explain my problem correctly

I have an Htc One Mini 2 since few days and when I connect the phone on my computer, it's recognize as a "media device" and not as a USB storage. So, I can't transfert files, create folders etc.

I'll try to solve that by activating the debugging mode and updating my drivers but it doesn't work

Do you know how to proceed?

Thank you for your help

13th November 2014, 07:56 PM |#2  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-arc

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm sorry for my low level of english, I'll try to explain my problem correctly

I have an Htc One Mini 2 since few days and when I connect the phone on my computer, it's recognize as a "media device" and not as a USB storage. So, I can't transfert files, create folders etc.

I'll try to solve that by activating the debugging mode and updating my drivers but it doesn't work

Thank you for your help

first thing to do is go to your device manager and see if you have any device to be installed. You should have "Android USB Devices">"My HTC"

Are you in windows, Mac or Linux?
14th November 2014, 03:09 PM |#3  
Flag Aligarh
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-arc

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your help

Most android phones are connected as a "Media Device". Mostly because they use the MTP protocol. You can transfer files, I transfer them all the time. The phone will show up as "HTC One Mini 2" as a media device, open it up and you should be good to go
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread