Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] automatic and continuous reboot

OP tpankfashank

3rd July 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,523

15,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpankfashank

ok i attempted all of this, but nothing happens because my computer won't even recognize that my phone is plugged in. So htc sync manager is telling me to connect a device and the command prompt just says when I type in the command to figure out the CID.

Also, I take no offense from your warning. I wasn't going to try to mess with it any more after I got my the stock OS and my phone unlocked for asian networks. I really appreciate all the help

There's no point in attempting any fastboot command until you can get the PC to recognise the device. Are you using a usb 2.0 port, and the original HTC usb cable? What does it say on the screen of your phone when you connect it while it's in the bootloader? It should say fastboot, fastboot usb, or fastboot ac.

Sent from my Evita
3rd July 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

There's no point in attempting any fastboot command until you can get the PC to recognise the device. Are you using a usb 2.0 port, and the original HTC usb cable? What does it say on the screen of your phone when you connect it while it's in the bootloader? It should say fastboot, fastboot usb, or fastboot ac.

Sent from my Evita

Tpank, use the snipping tool on your computer to post a screen capture of your fastboot adb folder. its the folder that you are running the command prompt from (or should be).

BTW thanks Timaaaaa for helping my friend out. When I unlocked his phone we didn't know he would have the opportunity to move out of the US to Thailand so I figured I would be around to help with something like this. Thanks again.
3rd July 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why would we need a screenshot of the fastboot folder?

Sent from my Evita
3rd July 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 113

1,344 posts
These guys are on a collision course. 😱
4th July 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Sent from my Evita

ok so it says "Fastboot usb". I am using the original htc usb cable. I'm not sure if it's a usd 2.0 port all I know is that it's an Intel 6 Series/C200 Series.

When I ran the command prompt it says:
<bootloader> cid: 11111111
OKAY [ 0.017s]
4th July 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, so you have a working fastboot connection now, right? The problem you face at the moment is that you can't run an RUU with your phone in the current configuration. S-on + SuperCID + jb RUU = brick. Your only real option at this stage is to do this:

-Unlock the bootloader at htcdev.
-Flash TWRP recovery.
-Flash a ROM to get the phone booting.
-Get s-off via Facepalm S-off.
-Run the correct at&t RUU to return the device to stock
-Change the CID back to the at&t CID.
-Relock the bootloader.
-Go back to s-on.

That probably seems like a lot of work but it's the only way for you to proceed. I have detailed instructions for several of those procedures in the How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature.

Sent from my Evita
Last edited by timmaaa; 4th July 2014 at 05:51 AM.
7th July 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
So I can;t get past the first step because it's not recognizing my phone still. When I ran the first command in the command prompt, where it should have listed my phone it says "List of connected devices" and nothing underneath it.
7th July 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
How did you get the CID?

Sent from my Evita
9th July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I'm not sure why I can find the CID and not get it listed as an attached device. I tried to run the adb devices command a few times and then ran the fastboot oem readcid command in the same window and I could get the cid but still cant get it to recognize the device
9th July 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you attempting adb commands while the device is in fastboot mode? They won't work, only fastboot commands will work there, adb commands work while the phone is booted into the OS. Use "fastboot devices" while in fastboot mode.

Sent from my Evita

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread