Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cleanrom to cyanogenmod

Tip us?

ecakici
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cleanrom to cyanogenmod

I have cleanrom installed on my rooted htc one x at the moment, it is a rogers phone. I want to install the latest cyanogenmod, are there any precautions I need to take? What is the easiest method of doing this?

Thanks,
Eren

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,352

DONATE TO ME
Rogers is at&t HTC one xl. You are in the wrong forum. This is for the international quad-core HTC one X
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ecakici
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Baseband

I ended up switching to cyanogen mod but my reception is really low, and the GPS didn't seem to be working. Can I install any radio or are there specific radios only for this ROGERS phone. Sorry i didn't want to create another thread.

Thanks!

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,352

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecakici View Post
I ended up switching to cyanogen mod but my reception is really low, and the GPS didn't seem to be working. Can I install any radio or are there specific radios only for this ROGERS phone. Sorry i didn't want to create another thread.

Thanks!
Post your questions in the correct forum mate, you are wrong here !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coal686
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5,854

DONATE TO ME
Thread moved to the Rogers HTC One X Q&A forum. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to coal686 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have cleanrom installed on my rooted htc one x at the moment, it is a rogers phone. I want to install the latest cyanogenmod, are there any precautions I need to take? What is the easiest method of doing this?

Thanks,
Eren

Quote:

Thanks!
There are prerequisites in terms of firmware and recovery for flashing the current aosp ROMs. Please post your bootloader details.

You can use any Evita radio on your phone, it doesn't have to be a Rogers radio. Radio performance can vary wildly from user to user as it depends on carrier, exact geographical location, environmental disturbances, among other factors. Someone in the same suburb (even street) as you can have a very different experience on the exact same radio. What I'm saying is you need to test for yourself. You don't need to stick to your carrier's radios, you should test a variety of radios and see what works best for you.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK.033 | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!