[Q] Internal Storage Problems

OP llamas612

26th August 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Right now, it seems as though my main internal storage is full, whereas my 2nd partition ("SD Card") has free space. Every time I try to install an app, it tries to install it to my main internal storage, and thus it gives me an "insufficient storage" error. I used to be able to go into an app on the Apps area of Settings, and attempt to move the app to or from the "SD Card". IIRC, at some point Android decided to drop the idea of having two partitions for internal storage, and now doesn't allow for that type of movement between partitions. The problem is, now I can't seem to install any new apps unless I uninstall my old ones.

Is there any way I can selectively install apps to my "SD Card"? Also, is there any easy way to simply combine my storage? I don't see the point in having it separated out.

I'm running Paranoid Android 4.44. Thanks in advance.
26th August 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

199 posts
Donate to Me
More
Kitkat removed the ability to move apps to the SD card for whatever reason. There's a couple patches that allegedly fix this issue in the play store but I've tried most of them and haven't gotten it to work. I also can't find a way to merge the internal storage and SD card partitions. I would ask the developer of link2sd for more help on this.

Like @Cryptecks said there comes a point in time where the older devices start to show their limits and unfortunately this is one of them. Sorry...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notorio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Ugh. Well thanks at least for the response. It seems pretty silly that this is an issue. I guess i'll see what I can find patching wise, but man, this is gonna be annoying. My main partition is only 2 GB or so
4th September 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

81 posts
More
same here, 2.34 GB on my main apps partition which also houses cached data. CM11 will allow me to move some data from certain apps to the virtual sdcard partition that is there with 10 GB and 8 GB FREE SPACE!

merging partitions in ms windows is so easy, why is android so lame with this? I might have to get a new phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread