reseted from bootloader, now not able to install any ROM.

Search This thread

S1611

Aug 8, 2014
So I have HTC One XL, S-OFF

yesterday i flashed various ROMs like5-7 different ROMs, i started noticing dropped network signals, so I did a factory reset from bootloader, which seems to have corrupted my internal sdcard, to repair it, i flashed stock recovery from androidruu dot com /?developer=Evita

file I downloaded is

OTA_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_TELUS_WWE_1.20.661.1-1.15.661.11_release_312229k92xgqqtl1xcfxt2.zip

extracted recovery.img from it, flashed this recovery from fastboot and then did a factory reset, after that flashed twrp 2.7.1 and booted into recovery then mounted my internal storage(which shows in my desktop as removable disk) then copied cm11 nightly then chose to install the zip but it fails saying

E:Mount: Unable to find partition for path '/sdcard'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY-evita.zip'
Updating partition details...

can you please help me with this?

Thank you.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You didn't need to flash the stock recovery, you could have just used the advanced wipe option in TWRP to wipe the sd card, that usually fixes up any corruption.

Anyway, on to the major problem here. The OTA you downloaded isn't for this device (HTC One XL, codename Evita), it's for the HTC One X+ (codename Evitare), therefore the recovery you flashed isn't for this device, and therefore you've very possibly damaged your partition tables by doing the factory reset from it. It's very, VERY, important to pay attention to the details when messing around with your phone.

Now, how to fix this? It's still booting so that's a good sign. My advice is to try to run an RUU, you're s-off so any Evita RUU will be fine. The 3.18 at&t RUU is probably your best bet and you'll find it here:

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_..._10.130.32.34_release_signed_With_Partial.exe

I'm not sure if this is going to work though because the RUU doesn't touch your internal storage partition. Maybe it'd be a good idea to perform a factory reset from the bootloader first, it'll corrupt your sd card but hopefully will repair its partition location at the same time. After you've done that go into TWRP and wipe your sd card, then try moving a ROM zip onto it again and flashing it. If that doesn't work then try the RUU.

Transmitted via Bacon

S1611

Aug 8, 2014
I cant believe I didnt saw that. sorry

Your 3.18 ruu link doesnt seem to work, please provide an alternative link.

what should i do now? run ruu or flash stock recovery then do a factory reset?

S1611

Aug 8, 2014
Try the RUU now.

Transmitted via Bacon

Okay i tried RUU, and the phone is working again with at&t logo appearing at first which it didnt when I first bought the phone.....but i guess the boot loader is locked again?

I cannot access bootloader by pressing volume down + power button, it just simply restart.

What should be my next step?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Okay i tried RUU, and the phone is working again with at&t logo appearing at first which it didnt when I first bought the phone.....but i guess the boot loader is locked again?

I cannot access bootloader by pressing volume down + power button, it just simply restart.

Not being able to reach the bootloader is almost definitely a case of bad timing.
To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: S1611

S1611

Aug 8, 2014
Not being able to reach the bootloader is almost definitely a case of bad timing.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Transmitted via Bacon

Okay I got my bootloader screen

***UNLOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012, 18:37:14:12888

Flashed twrp 2.7.1.0, booted to recovery>factory reset>install>...error unable to mount...

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

***UNLOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot

Flashed twrp 2.7.1.0, booted to recovery>factory reset>install>...error unable to mount...

Hmm. I think that factory reset from the wrong recovery has assigned your internal storage the wrong partition location. The only thing I think will fix this now is a jtag repair.

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: S1611

S1611

Aug 8, 2014
That that I can see. Your partitions are borked, a jtag repair forces the right partitions back into the device again.

Transmitted via Bacon

Good news :laugh::laugh::laugh: installed cwm recovery, and flashed as usual, and everything went fine. Running KarbonKat :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

With phone powered on

With phone powered off

Transmitted via Bacon

***UNLOCKED***
    EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    CID-11111111
    HBOOT-2.14.0000
    RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
    OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
    eMMC-boot

Hmm. I think that factory reset from the wrong recovery has assigned your internal storage the wrong partition location. The only thing I think will fix this now is a jtag repair.

Transmitted via Bacon
    That that I can see. Your partitions are borked, a jtag repair forces the right partitions back into the device again.

Transmitted via Bacon
    Good news :laugh::laugh::laugh: installed cwm recovery, and flashed as usual, and everything went fine. Running KarbonKat :D

Out of interest, what's the full filename of the TWRP recovery you were using?

Transmitted via Bacon
    openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-evita

is it the wrong one?

No that's the right one. Was just curious, it seems odd to me that CWM was able to flash the ROM but TWRP wasn't. I'd be interested to see if TWRP would work now after CWM has corrected your problem.

Transmitted via Bacon