Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Sense Rom Search

OP Ice242

23rd August 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys. I'm new to the Android community and I have this AT&T One X that was running a 4.1.1 stock ROM, until I flashed it to Cyanogenmod 10.2 specifically wanted to use the hotspot function which I couldn't use in the stock ROM. Now that I'm on the CM, I miss the Beats audio feature along with the stock camera app and lock screen. I came across a ROM named Liberty, but it's unclear whether or not it supports hotspot and I searched through pages of it and looking for a Q&A, but no results.

In conclusion, I'm looking for a custom ROM that runs on Sense for it's camera app, Beats audio drivers, quite possibly a nice weather lock screen, and also supports hotspot without being under AT&T's contract. Anything else with those will be a given.

Any version of the OS and Sense will do as long as it's stable. Thanks in advance.
23rd August 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 72

992 posts
I personally like the version included in 5.18. Ruu

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

4.2.2 jb I think
23rd August 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknoll

I personally like the version included in 5.18. Ruu

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

4.2.2 jb I think

Does it support the hotspot feature without being under AT&T's data contract? I looked at this update at my very first attempt of updating/custom ROM's but it wasn't clear.
23rd August 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #4  

992 posts
Sorry. I don't know. I can't remember

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Well..if your phone is rooted ., I don't see an issue with the hot spot
23rd August 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknoll

Sorry. I don't know. I can't remember

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Well..if your phone is rooted ., I don't see an issue with the hot spot

It is rooted, but every time I tried turning on the hotspot, the same block pop-up would show up. I looked at different forums and they just use apps to bypass the carrier block but never worked for me even with my phone being rooted... That or custom ROMs which actually work for me, but don't fit all my needs.
24th August 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #6  

992 posts
Fastboot getvar all please
26th August 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,818

14,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
At&t ROMs deliberately break the hotshot feature. You need to use a non at&t ROM.

Transmitted via Bacon

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread