Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

F2FS FOR EVITA ANY AOSP ROM

Tip us?

Mexickano
Old
(Last edited by Mexickano; 9th August 2014 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisage View Post
Just to let you know, I find your latest Torched kernel (the only Torched one I tried) doesn't play very nicely with the latest PAC Roms when using F2FS.
I got a lot of hangs and reboots, but after using your stock kernel zip it works OK.

Sorry that I don't have any logcats, but for now I just plan to stick with your stock kernel for F2FS. If I try Torched again I'll see if I can get you some logs.
I've been using Torched Kernel OC, No OC and this one, everyone have its differences but, no one gimme some kind of issues.

Just Simply.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mexickano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raisage
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexickano View Post
I've been using Torched Kernel OC, No OC and this one, everyone have his differences but, no one gimme some kind of issues.
I forgot to mention, another thing I noticed was that there was a lot of clicking noise when I was listening to music through Google Play Music.
To be fair, I realize now I didn't think to try the No OC package, because I had checked my voltage table and found "ACPU PVS : 3 = FAST".

Next time I'll try with the No OC version, thanks for the tip @Mexickano.

@jrior001, I notice when running the conversion zip, it shows something to the effect of:

cache=0
data=0
system=1

I assume this means 0 = Yes, in this case?
The only partitions that I intentionally converted to F2FS were Cache and Data, as per your instructions, I just wanted to make sure.

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2610

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisage View Post
I forgot to mention, another thing I noticed was that there was a lot of clicking noise when I was listening to music through Google Play Music.
To be fair, I realize now I didn't think to try the No OC package, because I had checked my voltage table and found "ACPU PVS : 3 = FAST".

Next time I'll try with the No OC version, thanks for the tip @Mexickano.

@jrior001, I notice when running the conversion zip, it shows something to the effect of:

cache=0
data=0
system=1

I assume this means 0 = Yes, in this case?
The only partitions that I intentionally converted to F2FS were Cache and Data, as per your instructions, I just wanted to make sure.

Your assumptions are correct, I put that in for debugging for my self and didn't remove it prior to release.

Downloads have moved to codefi.re servers here http://downloads.codefi.re/jrior001/Evita-f2fs

You will find new V1.2 files there with an updates current f2fs kernel and some fstab updates from CM as well
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicolahaye
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Hi,
I'm currently running this kernel with data and cache in f2fs with PA 4.44. Anyway, it's all going great but I'd like to try the sixth sense rom and f2fs is only for AOSP so I was wondering the procedure I should follow in order to get back to ext4 correctly before I flash the new ROM. Should I flash the ROM and then use a conversion zip and if so which version ? or should I convert back before attempting to flash the ROM ? I'm kinda confused with this and help would be greatly appreciated
HTC Evita
Unlocked / S-off /SuperCID/2.18
TWRP 2.7.0.8
PA 4.4 Beta 1
Stock Kernel

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2610

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolahaye View Post
Hi,
I'm currently running this kernel with data and cache in f2fs with PA 4.44. Anyway, it's all going great but I'd like to try the sixth sense rom and f2fs is only for AOSP so I was wondering the procedure I should follow in order to get back to ext4 correctly before I flash the new ROM. Should I flash the ROM and then use a conversion zip and if so which version ? or should I convert back before attempting to flash the ROM ? I'm kinda confused with this and help would be greatly appreciated
I your going back to sense you need to wipe everything anyways....when you do, use twrp to convert those back to ext4. Also be aware the new twrp builds have had trouble flashing older sense ROMs, if you have issues locate an older 2.x twrp build to use while you play with sense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]