Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[MOD] CM11S Addons for CM11 nightlies

OP xp314a

24th August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 81

31 posts
CM11S Addons is a flashable ZIP containing a selection of the extras from the OnePlus One specific version of Cyanogenmod, CM11S.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications. Act accordingly.
 */
As this is the first release of this mod and I am thus far the only tester, it should be considered an alpha release. If you are uncomfortable with instability or do not have the skill to recover from a brick, do not try this mod. If you choose to continue, be sure make a backup first.

This will only work with CM11 nightlies after 8/22. It may work in older versions and derivative ROMs, but this is untested.

Features:

All that being said, here are the features of this mod, all* pulled directly from the latest (33R) CM11S from here:
  • CM11S Boot Animation*
  • CM11S Hexo Theme
  • CM11S Lockscreen*
  • CM11S Camera
  • CM11S Gallery
  • CM11S Theme Store
  • CM11S Audio FX
  • CM11S Screencast

Also, there is an addon.d script included that will automatically restore the system changes when CM is updated through CM Updater.

Screenshots:

imgur

Download (25.2 MB):

AndroidFileHost or MEGA

md5: B736AFEC03705C321BB78CFF32C233D5

Installation:

To use, flash the zip in recovery.

To Remove:

The Camera2, Gallery2, DSPManager, and Keyguard APKs are removed during installation, so the easiest solution is to reflash CM11.
  1. Delete /system/addon.d/99-cm11saddons.sh
  2. Flash CM11 in recovery.

Notes:
  • The 720p bootanimation came from iH8ra!n's thread. I also removed the first 26 frames, which were specific to the OnePlus One.
  • I had to rebuild the lockscreen APK with all references to com.cyngn changed to com.android. The idea for this came from ricardopvz's work and comments in iH8ra!n's thread.

Thanks to h8rift and the rest of the team for maintaining CM11 for our device; iH8ra!n, whose thread here inspired me to do this; ricardopvz, whose work and comments in that same thread helped me figure out how to get the lockscreen APK working; Calkulin for posting the latest version of the CM11S ROM, and everyone else that is either directly or indirectly responsible for this even being possible. Credit obviously goes to Cyanogen, Inc. for the real work behind this.
Last edited by xp314a; 14th October 2014 at 06:56 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xp314a For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 393

1,013 posts
More
So, do you know if it will work with AOSP?
25th August 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexickano

So, do you know if it will work with AOSP?

Without CM's theme engine, I would say not. The bootanimation should work, and maybe the camera and gallery, but likely not much else.

Your best bet would be to experiment with the individual elements, available here (version 25r, at the time of this writing).
The Following User Says Thank You to xp314a For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 161

485 posts
More
Anyone have the lock screen act up every now and then? Mine randomly chooses to chop up the image. Working on getting a screenshot uploaded. App is being stupid atm.

Edit: Couldn't get it to upload from my phone for some reason so I uploaded it to my drop box. Link below if anyone's interested

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbtd6eauhc...03-25.png?dl=0

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by shawn0223; 6th October 2014 at 05:26 AM.
7th October 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,209

742 posts
Here is the MOD with modified Camera and Gallery from the OnePlus 38R OTA
Last edited by zagzag99; 7th October 2014 at 02:25 PM.
14th October 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

31 posts
Here is a test from the latest (38r) CM11S. I loaned my evita to a family member and won't have it back until around Thanksgiving, so I am unable to test it. The only changes are the updated versions of the APKs, but without testing, I can't be sure 100% sure it works. If you try it, please let me know how it goes.

My primary concerns are the lock screen (the APK had to be edited, rebuilt, and signed) and the update script (character encoding and line endings caused issues during testing of the first release).

Download (25.6 MB):

AndroidFileHost or MEGA

md5: B29B5513B0C63DDCB96F0E085FF24D5F

All of the notes and disclaimers from the OP still apply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, cm11, cm11s, mod, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread