Wifi calling

Search This thread

whelmar

Apr 13, 2006
Atlanta
You've tested it? I'm unable to get it to work for some reason

Yes, I'm on T-Mobile... in Atlanta...took a screen shot... you can see the VoWiFi icon in the center of the screen when it's active...
Calls are crystal clear...over VoLTE too... :)
I added a link...don't know how to get a pic to load...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U9JKKhc1claCvMy9mAcf7_KX2IF83DvhuA

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Yes, I'm on T-Mobile... in Atlanta...took a screen shot... you can see the VoWiFi icon in the center of the screen when it's active...

I did a clean flash...when I upgraded from open beta 7, I initially kept data...had various bugs...once I factory reset, everything is working really well...still testing out stuff, but it's a pretty solid beta.

2x4

Oct 20, 2012
Austin, TX

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I did a clean flash...when I upgraded from open beta 7, I initially kept data...had various bugs...once I factory reset, everything is working really well...still testing out stuff, but it's a pretty solid beta.
man, I clean flashed too (but via TWRP since I didn't have the stock recovery available), and i am never seeing that.

i'll again at home (since i have the tmobile cellspot router, so if it doesn't work there im sure it wont work elsewhere)

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

@whelmar would you mind sharing your APN settings btw?

whelmar

Apr 13, 2006
Atlanta
man, I clean flashed too (but via TWRP since I didn't have the stock recovery available), and i am never seeing that.

i'll again at home (since i have the tmobile cellspot router, so if it doesn't work there im sure it wont work elsewhere)

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

@whelmar would you mind sharing your APN settings btw?

I'm using the stock apn settings, provided from the build, where they split the cell,internet from mms...
The 'new' apn choices were t-mobile gprs which is the fast.t-mobile.com one, ipv6...
the MMS EPDG one has no selector, but is used for mms...if you delete that on, and don't add the mms to a new one, it won't work.

you can combine one if you want and everything works, but it isn't necessary. my phone is bone stock...no root, locked bootloader... frankly haven't seen a need to with this phone.

2x4

Oct 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm using the stock apn settings, provided from the build, where they split the cell,internet from mms...
The 'new' apn choices were t-mobile gprs which is the fast.t-mobile.com one, ipv6...
the MMS EPDG one has no selector, but is used for mms...if you delete that on, and don't add the mms to a new one, it won't work.

you can combine one if you want and everything works, but it isn't necessary. my phone is bone stock...no root, locked bootloader... frankly haven't seen a need to with this phone.

Nevermind got it!

bydo

Jan 3, 2012
When using dual-sim setup, does wifi calling require data to be enabled on the t-mobile sim? Or does it still work if mobile data is enabled on second (non-tmobile) SIM slot? Reason I'm asking is because I have an old legacy voice-only t-mobile plan that supports VoLTE and wifi-calling but has no data. I have a second data-only (3g) SIM in my other SIM slot. Since wifi-calling still works in airplane-mode with only wifi-enabled, it seems like wifi-calling does not require cellular data enabled but yet all phones I've tried won't enable wifi-calling without also enabling LTE data on same SIM slot.

calbrs

Aug 7, 2010
Bay Area
I just tried wifi calling and it does work. But for some reason it doesn't seem to work when using the light or dark theme, only default. At least that's what's going on with my phone.

Harry44

Jul 14, 2010
TX, USA

Which open beta are you on? I NEEEEED THIS. Does WiFi texting work too?

bcas9472

Dec 8, 2011
Motorola Razr 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro

Attachments

• 14834998948282.jpg
    14834998948282.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 828
  • 14834998624221.jpg
    14834998624221.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 836
  • 14834998291330.png
    14834998291330.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 835
Reactions: Flyin18T

greysonofusa

May 11, 2013
Thanks for the info I'm running it and it's working not sure what the e911 thing is. Do I need the T-Mobile app for that or can I do it on my PC?

mysterioushandyman

Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone else that has this working noticed if it only works when there is T-Mobile service? When my service drops out, the VoWiFi icon goes away. If I go to airplane mode and turn on WiFi, I can't get VoWiFi to show up. I am on OOS 4.1.3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does T-Mobile wifi calling work?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    No. That is a carrier feature. You have to buy your phone from t-mobile if you need that.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    That's not true. Its a software feature. HTC 10 unlocked from htc.com support wifi calling. CM13 supports wifi calling.
    I cant find this option at all.
    If you are on the stock OOS 3.2.4 it's there.
    Go to settings, in the search bar type "pre".
    Select " calling preference"
    WiFi calling should come
    Has anyone had any luck with wifi calling? I followed the directions to find it in settings, turned it on, but came back to find it off. This cycle keeps repeating. Is it just not supported? Thanks
    @SocksNUrToaster I'm glad your test went well! I forgot to ask, who is your carrier?

Usually if OnePlus has it working, it's only a matter of time before it gets ported to CM. So here's to hoping that it functions more in CM14. :)