No registration required

charger + cable for the oneplus 1

OP rocketman122

24th September 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 22

827 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarandjo

Firstly the original is 2.1A (the same as an iPad charger) You will need a 28/24 gauge microusb cable

I haven't received my phone yet so I don't know the charger amp, input and output information but truckroot in post #2 image shows the charger input is 100-240V~50-60Hz 0.3A and output 5V 2A but the charger I'm thinking of purchasing is this which is 2.1A so I assume using the original USB cable with that charger to charge the phone will give me the same speed as using the original OnePlus charger?
25th September 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #42  
Flag NoVA
Thanks Meter: 64

1,166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarandjo

Your wrong, there are multiple specs of microusb cables. You need to buy a 28/24 gauge one.

"USB cables have a data wire and a charging wire within the cable itself. Most USB cables, probably over 99+% are 28/28. Buying after market micro USB cables will pretty much always result in getting cheap quality 28/28 cables and your device will barely break 500mah when it charges, maybe even less. This isn't the only issue though. After you use a cable for a while it pushes slight stresses on the micro USB connector itself and compresses it. This causes poor connectivity between your device and the wire. This is why it seems like your device port feels like it's getting loose and you think something is wrong. It's most likely the cable being slowly damaged over time. Solution? Get a 28/24 gauge cable. 24 gauge is ~ 60% larger and can handle 2amps. This is what is usually sent when you buy a tablet or large phone device. Your wire slowly gets damaged over time or may even stop working entirely. You order a cheap cable off Amazon or eBay and it never appears to charge at the correct speed anymore.
"

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Firstly the original is 2.1A (the same as an iPad charger) You will need a 28/24 gauge microusb cable

"USB cables have a data wire and a charging wire within the cable itself. Most USB cables, probably over 99+% are 28/28. Buying after market micro USB cables will pretty much always result in getting cheap quality 28/28 cables and your device will barely break 500mah when it charges, maybe even less. This isn't the only issue though. After you use a cable for a while it pushes slight stresses on the micro USB connector itself and compresses it. This causes poor connectivity between your device and the wire. This is why it seems like your device port feels like it's getting loose and you think something is wrong. It's most likely the cable being slowly damaged over time. Solution? Get a 28/24 gauge cable. 24 gauge is ~ 60% larger and can handle 2amps. This is what is usually sent when you buy a tablet or large phone device. Your wire slowly gets damaged over time or may even stop working entirely. You order a cheap cable off Amazon or eBay and it never appears to charge at the correct speed anymore.
"

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Buy a 28/24 gauge MicroUSB cable for 2A charging.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

You need a 28/24 gauge microusb cable. That's the standard for cables charging at around 2A

I figured that. I ordered some cables from monoprice that are 28/24 (with the ferrite core; though that doesn't make a difference with charging; ones without it are only 28/28).

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhannigan

The OnePlus One is Quickcharge 2 compatible. You can use a Quickcharge 2 Charger and charge it at 12V 2.5A. Vs the stock charger which is 5V 2A.

Do that math! Holy smokes!

You just have to find a Quickcharge 2.0 charger - I don't think they are out in the US yet, but you can preorder.

Mike

Is the motorola fast charger (on the motorola store) a quickcharge 2.0 charger?
25th September 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #43  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 35

217 posts
I bought mine off ebay for those asking! So far I love them! Quick fast charging!

cable

wall charger

Last edited by oupavoc; 25th September 2014 at 04:55 AM.
25th September 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #44  
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 80

217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuguy1088

I figured that. I ordered some cables from monoprice that are 28/24 (with the ferrite core; though that doesn't make a difference with charging; ones without it are only 28/28).

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Is the motorola fast charger (on the motorola store) a quickcharge 2.0 charger?

That is the name of the Quickcharge 2 charger by Motorola, but make sure of that because when I look at it two days ago it was on preorderr status.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oupavoc

Totally forgot to update this post!

So far love these! Charges the phone pretty fast! Can't complain here!

Quick charge 2.0 is more than TWICE as fast as that. *12* V at *2.5*A.

You might be surprised by how many devices are compatible. Check the Qualcomm site.
4th October 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 19

458 posts
More
Where can I get this?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread