Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External DACs and the OPO: Which Work Best?

Tip us?

chazman1117
Old
(Last edited by chazman1117; 28th August 2014 at 10:06 AM.) Reason: Spelling spaz......
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman1117 View Post
I have the OPO and can conform that the Audioquest Dragonfly and the FiiO E-7 work fine, although I had to enable USB tweak 1 in the USB Audio Player Pro as I would randomly lose sync with the DAC.

I will update this post later today as I will have the opportunity to test the V-Moda Vamp Verza.
I am listening to the V-Moda Vamp Verza right now using Poweramp. Works flawlessly, sounds awesome. Also works with Google Play music as well as USB Audio Player Pro.
G1-Nexus One-Nexus S-Galaxy Nexus-Nexus 4-Nexus 5-One Plus One
The Following User Says Thank You to chazman1117 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Reignogleph MMXI
Old
(Last edited by Reignogleph MMXI; 28th August 2014 at 12:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrruin View Post
that's the one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...audioplayerpro
it is "USB" not "Ultimate" Audio Player Pro. Same developer.
Got it: You meant to type USB but typed Ultimate -- perhaps because it turns out you're not alone.

I point this out not to be a vast hulking dink but because (1) there's an app called "Ultimate Audio Player," which people might mistakenly download instead, and (2) I googled the name "Ultimate Audio Recorder Pro" and found threads like this one, in which Head-fi members used the incorrect name for the app -- and one of them happens to be NZtechfreak -- a dedicated cataloger of USB DACs.

Note, too, that user phi303 had the same experience I did: S/he looked for Ultimate Audio Player Pro on the Playstore and found nothing. It's interesting that that's happened more than twice.

For the above reasons, I think it's worthwhile for people to know we're talking about USB Audio Player Pro sans the word Ultimate. Since I wasn't familiar with that UARP offshoot until you made me aware of it, I wouldn't expect every DAC user to know it either -- not automatically, at least.

Both UARP and UAPP use drivers that bypass the limitations of source software, which is why I suspected they had to be the same software with an incorrect initialism or variants of the same original software.
OnePlus One (rooted)
CM Version: 11.0-XNPH33R
(with G's auto-wake and advertising/analytics processes disabled)
Kernel: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g7389215
build04@cyanogenmod #1 (8/11/14)

TWRP

imeem
Old
Thanks Meter 27
another +1 for fiio E17 working on oneplus one (i'm assuming the OP is using on the stock rom)

Quote:
Confirmed the OPO will work with FIIO E17 via USB
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...o.20694/page-3

chazman1117
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman1117 View Post
I am listening to the V-Moda Vamp Verza right now using Poweramp. Works flawlessly, sounds awesome. Also works with Google Play music as well as USB Audio Player Pro.
Update--

After extensive listening I had to return the V-Moda Vamp Versa DAC. When using the settings required by the DAC for an android phone there is audible (barely) noise. If you change the settings to apple mode - the noise goes away, but the battery drains extremely quick. No Bueno.
G1-Nexus One-Nexus S-Galaxy Nexus-Nexus 4-Nexus 5-One Plus One
Tags
dac, dacs, fiio, usb audio