Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

External DACs and the OPO: Which Work Best?

OP Reignogleph MMXI

28th August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman1117

I have the OPO and can conform that the Audioquest Dragonfly and the FiiO E-7 work fine, although I had to enable USB tweak 1 in the USB Audio Player Pro as I would randomly lose sync with the DAC.

I will update this post later today as I will have the opportunity to test the V-Moda Vamp Verza.

I am listening to the V-Moda Vamp Verza right now using Poweramp. Works flawlessly, sounds awesome. Also works with Google Play music as well as USB Audio Player Pro.
Last edited by chazman1117; 28th August 2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Spelling spaz......
The Following User Says Thank You to chazman1117 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 26

117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrruin

that's the one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...audioplayerpro
it is "USB" not "Ultimate" Audio Player Pro. Same developer.

Got it: You meant to type USB but typed Ultimate -- perhaps because it turns out you're not alone.

I point this out not to be a vast hulking dink but because (1) there's an app called "Ultimate Audio Player," which people might mistakenly download instead, and (2) I googled the name "Ultimate Audio Recorder Pro" and found threads like this one, in which Head-fi members used the incorrect name for the app -- and one of them happens to be NZtechfreak -- a dedicated cataloger of USB DACs.

Note, too, that user phi303 had the same experience I did: S/he looked for Ultimate Audio Player Pro on the Playstore and found nothing. It's interesting that that's happened more than twice.

For the above reasons, I think it's worthwhile for people to know we're talking about USB Audio Player Pro sans the word Ultimate. Since I wasn't familiar with that UARP offshoot until you made me aware of it, I wouldn't expect every DAC user to know it either -- not automatically, at least.

Both UARP and UAPP use drivers that bypass the limitations of source software, which is why I suspected they had to be the same software with an incorrect initialism or variants of the same original software.
Last edited by Reignogleph MMXI; 28th August 2014 at 01:37 PM.
16th September 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 30

441 posts
another +1 for fiio E17 working on oneplus one (i'm assuming the OP is using on the stock rom)

Quote:

Confirmed the OPO will work with FIIO E17 via USB

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...o.20694/page-3
The Following User Says Thank You to imeem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman1117

I am listening to the V-Moda Vamp Verza right now using Poweramp. Works flawlessly, sounds awesome. Also works with Google Play music as well as USB Audio Player Pro.

Update--

After extensive listening I had to return the V-Moda Vamp Versa DAC. When using the settings required by the DAC for an android phone there is audible (barely) noise. If you change the settings to apple mode - the noise goes away, but the battery drains extremely quick. No Bueno.
The Following User Says Thank You to chazman1117 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 25

319 posts
Rega DAC works
My OnePlus One recognized my Rega DAC without any issues. I used it with Google Play Music.

OnePlus One -> USB Micro OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter -> USB cable -> Rega DAC -> Rega (or any) Amp

Cable: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
DAC: http://www.musicdirect.com/p-12208-rega-dac.aspx
Last edited by mapin0518; 9th October 2014 at 07:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mapin0518 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

117 posts
More
Thanks, mapin and chazman -- and thanks to DanBa for dropping me a note about the uDAC2.

List updated; it now includes a few new findings from users on Head-fi's OPO thread.
27th October 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

117 posts
More
Added to list: the Apex Glacier, Stoner UD 120, HRT Music Streamer 2 and FiiO E7.
Thanks for those updates go to Poinmandres, cattlethief and DanBa.
Last edited by Reignogleph MMXI; 27th October 2014 at 07:03 PM.
31st October 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 109

1,154 posts
The Aune T1 works great!!great sound!using a USB micro otg tot USB 2.0 adapter.
3rd November 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
i also confirm fiio17 works with oneplus one (usb audio player pro). A nice combination but not to portable is to connect to e17 a e12 as headphone amp(with fiio l7). It drives my sennheiser hd600 excellent and even my ie8.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dac, dacs, fiio, usb audio
Previous Thread Next Thread