FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

External DACs and the OPO: Which Work Best?

25th March 2015, 10:16 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qing319

The DAC comes with a USB-A to USB-B cable. So the connection is:

OPO -> micro USB to USB-A female OTG -> USB-A to USB-B (comes with DAC) -> DAC -> volume control cable -> headphone

Is the sound quality improved when listening through headphones? I'd be interested in this as its so cheap, I'd be looking to use with headphones, they're nothing high end just sennheiser 205 HD.

What happens you turn the volume down on the phone, is it still high coming out of the DAC?

26th March 2015, 02:15 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth

Is the sound quality improved when listening through headphones? I'd be interested in this as its so cheap, I'd be looking to use with headphones, they're nothing high end just sennheiser 205 HD.

What happens you turn the volume down on the phone, is it still high coming out of the DAC?

I think it is pretty good. i can tell my m50x and HD 558 sounds better. But sound preference is very personal. My friend did not like the low. He thought it is not as deep and tight as from computer. I listen to female vocal mostly, it serves me very well. Eva Cassidy's voice sounds clear with more details.

The bottom line is it is $10. Even if it does not work for you. How much are you going to lose?

if you phone already has a volume control, it should be OK as long as you don't set it to max.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to qing319 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 07:00 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
OPO >> USB Audio Player Pro (play store) >> USB OTG cable >> iBasso D-Zero MKii >> AKG K240 Mk II

works like a charm. If you want to update DAC list on 1st post

http://www.ibasso.com/products-detail.php?id=269
Last edited by Xipe_Totec; 13th April 2015 at 02:15 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dac, dacs, fiio, usb audio
Previous Thread Next Thread