Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro USB to Qi Adapter

Tip us?
 
YoungSkeezy
Old
#1  
YoungSkeezy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 196
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Naples, Italy

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Micro USB to Qi Adapter

I just ordered my OnePlus One and pretty happy. I'll miss the wireless charging however, and I've seen these in the past, but think you could put this under the backplate? They seem pretty thin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-QI...3D261348107126

Opinion, or has anyone tried this?? Thanks in advance!
Information Systems Technician Second Class (IT2)
United States Navy
Comptia A+/Net+/Sec+/Ser+/Proj+/Linux+
Microsoft MCP/MCTS/MCITP
DoL Internetworking Tech/Novell Programmer

*PENDING* CASP/CISSP/CISM

Hitting that "THANKS" Button never hurts
 
kajornkeat
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2012
I'm thinking the same thing too. It should fit inside the back cover but I don't know if the nfc pad will interfere the charging. Haven't try wireless charging XD. Another choice is to put that pad under slim back case, should be OK and you don't have to open the 1+1 back cover too. One thing that I concern is the charging rate. With Qi charger, it's going to take forever to fully charge the 1+1. 2A charger vs 500 mA qi charger
 
GuilderlandNY
Old
#3  
GuilderlandNY's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Albany NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat View Post
I'm thinking the same thing too. It should fit inside the back cover but I don't know if the nfc pad will interfere the charging. Haven't try wireless charging XD. Another choice is to put that pad under slim back case, should be OK and you don't have to open the 1+1 back cover too. One thing that I concern is the charging rate. With Qi charger, it's going to take forever to fully charge the 1+1. 2A charger vs 500 mA qi charger
First, search the forums on both on XDA and OnePlus.Net. Already ongoing discussions. That said, I've used a few models, including the one listed here. They charge S-L-O-W. Less than 10 percent per hour. If you do use this, get the model with the long end of the USB connecor facing up towards the screen and the narrow end facing down toward the back.

Please read the other threads before proceeding
 
inaudible101
Old
#4  
inaudible101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat View Post
I'm thinking the same thing too. It should fit inside the back cover but I don't know if the nfc pad will interfere the charging. Haven't try wireless charging XD. Another choice is to put that pad under slim back case, should be OK and you don't have to open the 1+1 back cover too. One thing that I concern is the charging rate. With Qi charger, it's going to take forever to fully charge the 1+1. 2A charger vs 500 mA qi charger
The biggest problem you will have is with the USB plug part. Look at my post history and you will find my thread where I installed on internally. I'm using a 750mA one that seems to charge just fine. It's not as fast as the cord, but it keeps my phone charged all day. I have wireless chargers everywhere though.
 
4nth0ny
Old
(Last edited by 4nth0ny; 3rd September 2014 at 10:11 PM.) Reason: Forgot to quote, also can I please have the restriction removed so I do not have to wait 5 minutes between posts?
#5  
4nth0ny's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
First, search the forums on both on XDA and OnePlus.Net. Already ongoing discussions. That said, I've used a few models, including the one listed here. They charge S-L-O-W. Less than 10 percent per hour. If you do use this, get the model with the long end of the USB connecor facing up towards the screen and the narrow end facing down toward the back.

Please read the other threads before proceeding
Did you install it under the plate and if so did it interfere with your NFC at all?
- OnePlus One - CM 11.0 - Android 4.4.4
- Nexus 4
- HTC Evo
 
inaudible101
Old
#6  
inaudible101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nth0ny View Post
Did you install it under the plate and if so did it interfere with your NFC at all?
You have to peal up the NFC antenna or it does not work reliably. There is a nice large thread I made in general that you need to read. You question has been answered very thoroughly with testing.
 
rcdd
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2010
This is the one I bought....waiting on it.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181499969555...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The one mentioned in all the posts (the red one) is no longer available in our USB configuration due to QA issues)
 
FloopyDoopy
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2014
Was looking for this, thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more