MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Micro USB to Qi Adapter

9th August 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naples, Italy
Thanks Meter: 66

196 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just ordered my OnePlus One and pretty happy. I'll miss the wireless charging however, and I've seen these in the past, but think you could put this under the backplate? They seem pretty thin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-QI...3D261348107126

Opinion, or has anyone tried this?? Thanks in advance!
9th August 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I'm thinking the same thing too. It should fit inside the back cover but I don't know if the nfc pad will interfere the charging. Haven't try wireless charging XD. Another choice is to put that pad under slim back case, should be OK and you don't have to open the 1+1 back cover too. One thing that I concern is the charging rate. With Qi charger, it's going to take forever to fully charge the 1+1. 2A charger vs 500 mA qi charger
9th August 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag Albany NY
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat

I'm thinking the same thing too. It should fit inside the back cover but I don't know if the nfc pad will interfere the charging. Haven't try wireless charging XD. Another choice is to put that pad under slim back case, should be OK and you don't have to open the 1+1 back cover too. One thing that I concern is the charging rate. With Qi charger, it's going to take forever to fully charge the 1+1. 2A charger vs 500 mA qi charger

First, search the forums on both on XDA and OnePlus.Net. Already ongoing discussions. That said, I've used a few models, including the one listed here. They charge S-L-O-W. Less than 10 percent per hour. If you do use this, get the model with the long end of the USB connecor facing up towards the screen and the narrow end facing down toward the back.

Please read the other threads before proceeding
10th August 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat

The biggest problem you will have is with the USB plug part. Look at my post history and you will find my thread where I installed on internally. I'm using a 750mA one that seems to charge just fine. It's not as fast as the cord, but it keeps my phone charged all day. I have wireless chargers everywhere though.
3rd September 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Quote:

First, search the forums on both on XDA and OnePlus.Net. Already ongoing discussions. That said, I've used a few models, including the one listed here. They charge S-L-O-W. Less than 10 percent per hour. If you do use this, get the model with the long end of the USB connecor facing up towards the screen and the narrow end facing down toward the back.

Please read the other threads before proceeding

Did you install it under the plate and if so did it interfere with your NFC at all?
Last edited by 4nth0ny; 3rd September 2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote, also can I please have the restriction removed so I do not have to wait 5 minutes between posts?
4th September 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 48

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nth0ny

Did you install it under the plate and if so did it interfere with your NFC at all?

You have to peal up the NFC antenna or it does not work reliably. There is a nice large thread I made in general that you need to read. You question has been answered very thoroughly with testing.
4th September 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
This is the one I bought....waiting on it.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181499969555...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The one mentioned in all the posts (the red one) is no longer available in our USB configuration due to QA issues)
7th September 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 14

37 posts
Was looking for this, thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread