Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 39,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nillkin Frosted Case Review

Tip us?

AndroidUniverse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Post Nillkin Frosted Case Review

Nillkin Frosted Case Review
Link: http://goo.gl/qH6o3k
The fourth and final case arrived pretty early today and it is threatening the Ebestsale TPU case's reign on my phone.
Just looking at the case, you can see a subtle dotted pattern on the back. Once you feel the back, you start to question whether the Sandstone back was really your favorite texture. Then you remember the whole point of having the case, to protect your phone, right? Unfortunately, this case will not protect your phone with the efficiency Ebestsale's TPU provides. The edges are raised but not nearly as much as the TPU. After putting a quarter under the phone and moving it, the quarter does get displaced. The smaller raise causes the screen to be much more vulnerable.
The ports on the side are better than the blue TPU I reviewed and since it's a hard case, nothing is loose. Thanks to this hardness, the case is much slimmer than the TPUs. The top and bottom of the case reveal 90% of the phone itself because of the curved cut approach Nillkin took when creating this case. This makes it easier to put things in the ports but sacrifices protection because the casing won't be there to absorb the impact. This case will not provide the grip you get on the TPU or sandstone back.
Overall this case is not truly meant for protection but for a good show and boy does it deliver in that category. I would recommend this for those who can maintain the safety of their OnePlus and want a case that doesn't mask its identity.

Pros: Feels very nice - The Slimmest Case I've bought - Color Choices
Cons: Edges not Raised enough - Not enough case to protect- Slippery

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AndroidUniverse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I have the same case. Very slippery. I like it though. Damnit lol

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)
OnePlus One (SandStone Black)

luminouche
Old
(Last edited by luminouche; 2nd August 2014 at 11:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 80
Ordered 2 : One red & one black. Not received yet.

Great quality for the price.

Edit : Price is better on eBay !
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/5-Color-Nillk...-/261542835355
I have too many devices... but it's not a reason to buy Galaxy S5 !