Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nillkin Frosted Case Review

OP AndroidUniverse

31st July 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 15

13 posts
More
Nillkin Frosted Case Review
Link: http://goo.gl/qH6o3k
The fourth and final case arrived pretty early today and it is threatening the Ebestsale TPU case's reign on my phone.
Just looking at the case, you can see a subtle dotted pattern on the back. Once you feel the back, you start to question whether the Sandstone back was really your favorite texture. Then you remember the whole point of having the case, to protect your phone, right? Unfortunately, this case will not protect your phone with the efficiency Ebestsale's TPU provides. The edges are raised but not nearly as much as the TPU. After putting a quarter under the phone and moving it, the quarter does get displaced. The smaller raise causes the screen to be much more vulnerable.
The ports on the side are better than the blue TPU I reviewed and since it's a hard case, nothing is loose. Thanks to this hardness, the case is much slimmer than the TPUs. The top and bottom of the case reveal 90% of the phone itself because of the curved cut approach Nillkin took when creating this case. This makes it easier to put things in the ports but sacrifices protection because the casing won't be there to absorb the impact. This case will not provide the grip you get on the TPU or sandstone back.
Overall this case is not truly meant for protection but for a good show and boy does it deliver in that category. I would recommend this for those who can maintain the safety of their OnePlus and want a case that doesn't mask its identity.

Pros: Feels very nice - The Slimmest Case I've bought - Color Choices
Cons: Edges not Raised enough - Not enough case to protect- Slippery

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AndroidUniverse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 64

800 posts
I have the same case. Very slippery. I like it though. Damnit lol

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
2nd August 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #3  
Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 88

864 posts
Ordered 2 : One red & one black. Not received yet.

Great quality for the price.

Edit : Price is better on eBay !
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/5-Color-Nillk...-/261542835355
Last edited by luminouche; 2nd August 2014 at 12:23 PM.
9th November 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 324

2,512 posts
More
Just got this case;
http://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Froste.../dp/B00L2D3NYE

I gotta say this case is AWESOME I have the Diztronic matte black case too, and typically I am a big fan of Diztronic, I had the Diztronic for my HTC One M8, and my brother does for his Nexus 5, and it's very thin, while also protecting the phone, but the Diztronic for the OnePlus One feels pretty thick and bulky for some reason on the 1+1, and is very slippery.

Anyways, this Nillkin black case is just perfect for me. The 1+1 is already a pretty large phone to begin with, and the Diztronic case made it feel quite a bit bigger and heavier, and I just loved using my OnePlus One naked, it felt so light and easier to handle, but I was always afraid of scratching it and dropping it. Well this Nillkin is very thin, and makes the phone feel naked almost still. It looks very nice, I love the rubbery feel on the back.

This case won't protect the phone much if dropped, but then again most cases aren't guaranteed to fully protect a phone. But I like the very light profile, making the phone still feel naked, but it does protect the camera in back, and the lip goes over the front screen, protecting the screen if you lay the phone face down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zorachus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 28

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorachus

Just got this case;
http://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Froste.../dp/B00L2D3NYE

I gotta say this case is AWESOME I have the Diztronic matte black case too, and typically I am a big fan of Diztronic, I had the Diztronic for my HTC One M8, and my brother does for his Nexus 5, and it's very thin, while also protecting the phone, but the Diztronic for the OnePlus One feels pretty thick and bulky for some reason on the 1+1, and is very slippery.

Anyways, this Nillkin black case is just perfect for me. The 1+1 is already a pretty large phone to begin with, and the Diztronic case made it feel quite a bit bigger and heavier, and I just loved using my OnePlus One naked, it felt so light and easier to handle, but I was always afraid of scratching it and dropping it. Well this Nillkin is very thin, and makes the phone feel naked almost still. It looks very nice, I love the rubbery feel on the back.

This case won't protect the phone much if dropped, but then again most cases aren't guaranteed to fully protect a phone. But I like the very light profile, making the phone still feel naked, but it does protect the camera in back, and the lip goes over the front screen, protecting the screen if you lay the phone face down.

Same experience here. I had a tpu case but I found myself taking it off often. This nilkin case looks great and feels like a part of the phone.
12th November 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 182

519 posts
Have one too. But it free when i buy one+ and get free tempered glass screen cover lol.
16th November 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 324

2,512 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farangutan

Same experience here. I had a tpu case but I found myself taking it off often. This nilkin case looks great and feels like a part of the phone.

Yep . This case is great, super thin, like an extension of the phone itself, not a separate bulky case.
14th December 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

326 posts
More
Great case i have it on right now lol. Im not afraid of dropping it all i wanted was a good looking phone case and this delivered

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread