Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Plain TPU bumper

OP marcel112

20th August 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwollywood
Thanks Meter: 246

1,802 posts
More
Why isnt there a simple TPU bumper?

Not a cover but just the sidebumper.

Every phone has one, like a bumper for iphone....
I really love the back colour and feel, so i really dont want to us the clear bumper i have now

Who can point me to the one i want?
21st August 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,497

13,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hmm... this isn't what you're looking for but it may interest you? http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...feels-t2827172
Theres a aluminium bumper out there as well, but be wary, it can affect cell signal.
21st August 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Looking for a tpu side bumper as well. Please let me know if you ever come across one!

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

28 posts
Personally I don't see the appeal of the bumper type cases. I get that it's to protect your phone from areas where it's most likely to land on but the amount of protection remains to be seen, and I really dislike the look of them! might as well get a full back on it as well!
23rd August 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #5  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 298

1,242 posts
I would buy. Might not be my favorite, but I like options.
23rd August 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 43

621 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomelas

Personally I don't see the appeal of the bumper type cases. I get that it's to protect your phone from areas where it's most likely to land on but the amount of protection remains to be seen, and I really dislike the look of them! might as well get a full back on it as well!

Bumpers are not for drop protection. The appeal of bumpers is they protect the front and back of the phone when it is set down on the table, keeping them from becoming scuffed. Also they add much less bulk and thickness to the phone compared to TPU cases. It is a lot easier to slide your phone in and out of your pocket in a bumper case than a TPU case.

Bumpers are for people who take good care of their devices and rarely/never drop them, and they want to keep them as "naked" as possible, but they want to keep them looking as new as possible... people like me :P I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on a premium phone to have it all hidden in a piece of $2 plastic.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread