Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S view or Quick Circle Case??

Tip us?

vamshi88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] S view or Quick Circle Case??

Hi Guys,

I really like the concept of S view or Quick Circle i have seen one or two such cases on the interwebs and wondered, does OPO has the hardware to support such kind of cases?

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 468
The idea behind the s view case is that the amoled screen on Samsung devices save power by using less of the screen since an amoled screen only draws as much power as is on the screen. LG use an LCD panel like the OnePlus and have copied the idea with their circle cut out, for what ever reason I don't know, it doesn't save power. The key requirement is a hall sensor, a magnetic switch that tells the phone when the flip cover is closed. The oneplus does not have a hall sensor.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjjferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I think i saw a video of the opo where the flip case made the screen to turn on. So i guess it has the hall sensor...
Miguel Ferreira
PORTUGAL
-----------------------------------
iPad Air 16GB
iPhone 5S 16GB
LG G Pad 8.3

vamshi88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
The key requirement is a hall sensor, a magnetic switch that tells the phone when the flip cover is closed. The oneplus does not have a hall sensor.
any second thoughts(if the video is true)? Also i understand this might/does not save any power but a cool feature to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjferreira View Post
I think i saw a video of the opo where the flip case made the screen to turn on. So i guess it has the hall sensor...
I have a feeling you might be talking about this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwRf6pVrM0

superstargoddess
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
This is exactly what you are looking for. Cheap too!
- Currently rocking a OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64gb
- Creator of XDA group Female XDA Dev Members

adibeckett
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstargoddess View Post
This is exactly what you are looking for. Cheap too!
I've read on the Opo forum that cases like the above don't work for international Opo. It seems to be designed for the Color OS rom. I'm holding off from getting the Nillkin Sparkle case because I'm not sure if it would work properly.

CoCoGirl886
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adibeckett View Post
I've read on the Opo forum that cases like the above don't work for international Opo. It seems to be designed for the Color OS rom. I'm holding off from getting the Nillkin Sparkle case because I'm not sure if it would work properly.
Wait so that case (and the Nillkin Sparkle) will work with the Global version sold from the OnePlus one store?
OnePlus One || HTC One M8 || Nexus 5 || Nexus 4 || Samsung Galaxy S2 || HTC Amaze || HTC Sensation || Samsung Vibrant || Nexus One || Nokia N97

adibeckett
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoGirl886 View Post
Wait so that case (and the Nillkin Sparkle) will work with the Global version sold from the OnePlus one store?
It hasn't been confirmed yet but someone on the Opo did say that the Nillkin Sparkle or the two window case isn't good quality .

Tags
quick circle case, s view cover