No registration required

[Q] S view or Quick Circle Case??

OP vamshi88

28th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23

92 posts
Hi Guys,

I really like the concept of S view or Quick Circle i have seen one or two such cases on the interwebs and wondered, does OPO has the hardware to support such kind of cases?
28th July 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 478

2,729 posts
More
The idea behind the s view case is that the amoled screen on Samsung devices save power by using less of the screen since an amoled screen only draws as much power as is on the screen. LG use an LCD panel like the OnePlus and have copied the idea with their circle cut out, for what ever reason I don't know, it doesn't save power. The key requirement is a hall sensor, a magnetic switch that tells the phone when the flip cover is closed. The oneplus does not have a hall sensor.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oeiras
Thanks Meter: 12

122 posts
I think i saw a video of the opo where the flip case made the screen to turn on. So i guess it has the hall sensor...
28th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs

The key requirement is a hall sensor, a magnetic switch that tells the phone when the flip cover is closed. The oneplus does not have a hall sensor.

any second thoughts(if the video is true)? Also i understand this might/does not save any power but a cool feature to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjferreira

I think i saw a video of the opo where the flip case made the screen to turn on. So i guess it has the hall sensor...

I have a feeling you might be talking about this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwRf6pVrM0
29th July 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Nelsonville
Thanks Meter: 101

519 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is exactly what you are looking for. Cheap too!
29th July 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 34

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstargoddess

This is exactly what you are looking for. Cheap too!

I've read on the Opo forum that cases like the above don't work for international Opo. It seems to be designed for the Color OS rom. I'm holding off from getting the Nillkin Sparkle case because I'm not sure if it would work properly.
4th August 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adibeckett

I've read on the Opo forum that cases like the above don't work for international Opo. It seems to be designed for the Color OS rom. I'm holding off from getting the Nillkin Sparkle case because I'm not sure if it would work properly.

Wait so that case (and the Nillkin Sparkle) will work with the Global version sold from the OnePlus one store?
4th August 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 34

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoGirl886

Wait so that case (and the Nillkin Sparkle) will work with the Global version sold from the OnePlus one store?

It hasn't been confirmed yet but someone on the Opo did say that the Nillkin Sparkle or the two window case isn't good quality .
3rd October 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #9  
Flag Blainville,QC
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamshi88

any second thoughts(if the video is true)? Also i understand this might/does not save any power but a cool feature to have.

I have a feeling you might be talking about this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwRf6pVrM0

If I place a magnet 2/3 down the rhs of the phone's edge, my phone will turn off. I am sure that something can be done with this so that we can all profit from a QuickWindow Case. eg. Nillkin
4th October 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 183

765 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparsonscan

If I place a magnet 2/3 down the rhs of the phone's edge, my phone will turn off. I am sure that something can be done with this so that we can all profit from a QuickWindow Case. eg. Nillkin

Mine behave the same, I think there must be a hal sensor.

I think cm11 has introduced hal sensor drivers because cm11 on my s4mini the sensor works

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
quick circle case, s view cover
Previous Thread Next Thread