Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

Search This thread

BarnOwl

Jan 21, 2003
The Netherlands
www.parketvloeren.nl
Anyone out there that experienced a cracked protection screen? I have a Nillkin H9 protector that recently cracked. It is a small crack that goes across the top part of the screen at about a quarter from the top.

The starnge thing is it looks as if my screen UNDER the protector has broken. There is no crack at all to be seen/felt across the top. And you have to look very good to find it at all. That is the reason I have not taken away the protector before I recieve my new one.

I dropped my OPO once in the toilet (!! :angel: ) on the tiles. I presume that is what caused the crack.

So my question is: Is it possible that my protector is cracked at the bottom because of a fall or is my OPO screen FUBAR? :confused:

skracer

Aug 17, 2015
L.A.
Orzly Tempered Glass

I highly recommend Orzly's tempered glass screen protector for the OPO. I have used this same protector since mid 2014 and has held up and protected my phone from 2 accidental drops. Touchscreen feedback is nice as well.

nsyedhasan

Feb 3, 2015
So I have been throght quite a few screen protectors at this point. I used Bepak and Nilkin at first but those seem to lose smoothness very quickly, and the Nilkin didn't have rounded edges so it was some what annoying. I then bought a 2$ one from AliExpress which was surprisingly good. Now I am using the Orzly one and I have to say it is the best one. I haven't used the Phantom Glass one just because it is so damn expensive and the OPO may not have the lifetime warranty soon, so I passed on that.

Anyone out there that experienced a cracked protection screen? I have a Nillkin H9 protector that recently cracked. It is a small crack that goes across the top part of the screen at about a quarter from the top.

The starnge thing is it looks as if my screen UNDER the protector has broken. There is no crack at all to be seen/felt across the top. And you have to look very good to find it at all. That is the reason I have not taken away the protector before I recieve my new one.

I dropped my OPO once in the toilet (!! :angel: ) on the tiles. I presume that is what caused the crack.

So my question is: Is it possible that my protector is cracked at the bottom because of a fall or is my OPO screen FUBAR? :confused:
I've seen the Nilkin h9 film cracking too: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=70113011 even without any severe drops. It seems that the film is so hard and glaslike that it can actually break from left to right.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: BarnOwl

BarnOwl

Jan 21, 2003
The Netherlands
www.parketvloeren.nl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought the one from the ebay link posted by shojus a few days ago. It was expected to get here 8/5 but it arrived a few days early! It is slightly smaller than the factory sticker and I found it pretty difficult to apply. The screen protector is pretty smooth and clear, but it is also a fingerprint magnet. Right after installing it, I put on a cruzerlite case and it collected a bunch of finger prints (see last picture). The case doesn't affect the edges of the screen protector as indicted in the photos below.

This is my first tempered glass screen protector. I'm not sure if it is this particular screen protector that affects touch sensitivity or if I just need to get used to using a tempered glass protector. I tried typing a few lines but ended up missing some letters here and there. I'll have to play around with it more and see if it gets any better. :confused:

119nhu1.jpg

2zswfw3.jpg

2r5f1c2.jpg

1h74g2.jpg

nqb90i.jpg

2hekaqe.jpg
    Quick review

I have a Nilkin 9H screen protector for my OnePlus One. I dropped it yesterday from about 4 feet up and it landed flat on it's face. Unfortunately, the 9H screen protector cracked but there is absolutely no damage to the OnePlus screen even with the impact of landing on a few small rocks. I can definitely tell that had the 9H protector not been on the device, it likely would've resulted in a cracked or severely scratched/damaged screen. I'm confident the 9H protector is what saved it from being damaged.

I've ordered a replacement for ~$7 on eBay from a reputable seller. I'm sold on the quality of this especially after this. Just wanted to share my feedback with you guys.
    Best Impact Protection: Rhinoshield
    Best Fit & Feel: Orzly
    Best Value for money: Bepak & Nillkin
    Hey there, since you seem to have a decent amount of insight i was wondering if the casebase or Orzly has better finger print protection? My oneplus seems to be a fingerprint magnet and it's quite annoying. Im look at those 2 screen protectors and also the "PThink" one from Amazon. Cheers

Hi there

ok so i asked my boss

in all honestly we find it very hard to tell the different. They are both spot on

they do have fingerprint protection i can confirm that

you mentioned you wanted to buy from amazon.com and i have just had a look for you

Orzly one is very cheap at the moment and i dnt know why. I posted about this yesterday, that for the price its amazing
    Casebase you get two in one pack. so overall value for money this is better but unless you drop your phone and break the tempered glass or have a friend who needs it you wont need two in a pack
    Pthink - in my 10 years in this job i have never heard of them. Look at the amazon reviews i can see the reviews are for many other models not oneplus one. Casebase and Orzly reviews are all for oneplus one specific so i find them more helpful

if you find my reply helpful please take a second to hit the thanks meter :)
    Xtreme Guard has their spartan tempered glass protectors for really cheap with a promo code. $10 for 2 screen protectors is amazing! Might be a US only deal.

Promo Code: Super90off2

EDIT: Add 2 of the protectors to your cart, then apply the promo code at checkout. You'll see it go from ~$100 down to $10 with free shipping!