Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] OnePlus One Unlocker: Reset Unlock & Tamper Bit

Tip us?

Vonnegut
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesst20 View Post
Does it still works with latest XNPH33R ?
33R hasn't changed the bootloader, so it must still works.

jejehtc
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Hello there,

I'm on the new 33R version not rooter and what method should I do to have tampered with the False and False unlock in because I can not put the two in False I have to be one or the another False.

I am in stock recovery and flash the script I go through the manipulation of fastboot boot recovery.img

See my screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (35.9 KB, 353 views)
OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64GB
-----------------------------------
Samsung Galxy Gear White

OnePlus One

wonger007
Old
(Last edited by wonger007; 27th August 2014 at 10:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
If my flags are
unlock = true
tampered = true

am I ok? I can get into TWRP, but whenever I try to install root on 33R, it wont give me root.

Update: I fixed it by installing it within the Android supersu app using "normal" rather than TWRP

Barleyman
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Doesn't work.

Not a previously unlocked phone here with latest OTA.

Code:
D:\Incoming\Google Drive\Oneplus one>fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader)    Device tampered: true
(bootloader)    Device unlocked: false
(bootloader)    Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [  0.005s]
finished. total time: 0.006s
and

Code:
D:\Incoming\Google Drive\Oneplus one>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.390s]
booting...
FAILED (remote:         Device not unlocked cannot boot)
finished. total time: 0.392s
So I'd say it's safe to assume this simple custom recovery temporary boot exploit has been closed and won't work anymore. I just wanted to root without factory reset but it seems it's not going to happen.. I think another exploit is needed, which probably needs (ha-ha) toolkit or at the very least a batch file as that sort of thing usually requires a fair number of abusing in-phone recovery-style options etc.

Btw it would've saved me a fair amount of cursing if the op mentioned fastboot commands only work on bootloader.. Been there, done that, but by the time I get a new phone I've forgotten about that sort of thing already.

Vonnegut
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman View Post
So I'd say it's safe to assume this simple custom recovery temporary boot exploit has been closed and won't work anymore. I just wanted to root without factory reset but it seems it's not going to happen..
That's not an exploit. They just decided to forbid booting a temporary recovery. You will also find out that it was a really bad idea to relock the booloader, 'cause now you won't be able to unlock it anymore using the fastboot oem unlock command.
I already helped a guy to get out of that situation anyway..
In case you'll need help, i'm here.,..but you'll have first to swear by your God to not relock the booloader again for the rest of your life

Barleyman
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
That's not an exploit. They just decided to forbid booting a temporary recovery. You will also find out that it was a really bad idea to relock the booloader, 'cause now you won't be able to unlock it anymore using the fastboot oem unlock command.
I already helped a guy to get out of that situation anyway..
In case you'll need help, i'm here.,..but you'll have first to swear by your God to not relock the booloader again for the rest of your life
I never touched the bootloader so far. I'm actually setting up helium here for the official factory reset method of unlocking.

ram11
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman View Post
I never touched the bootloader so far. I'm actually setting up helium here for the official factory reset method of unlocking.
Hi, what is the official factory reset method of unlocking? Could you please explan or give me a link?

I am planning to unlock the bootloader to install custom rom. Seeing conflicting messages after the new update

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram11 View Post
Hi, what is the official factory reset method of unlocking? Could you please explan or give me a link?

I am planning to unlock the bootloader to install custom rom. Seeing conflicting messages after the new update
The official method (which, going forward, you should always do on any Nexus-based device or open bootloader devices like the OPO) is rebooting into fastboot mode, and from a computer, issuing the command "fastboot oem unlock". This wipes the entire device completely (including storage) but you only ever have to do this once during the lifetime of the device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
Yeah, like people read the OP. Thats the best place to keep a secret on XDA.

cyanoviper
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
You will also find out that it was a really bad idea to relock the booloader, 'cause now you won't be able to unlock it anymore using the fastboot oem unlock command.
really? One one uses fastboot oem lock, you can never fastboot oem unlock again? That wasnt the case with nexus phones was it?
OPO - CM11s - Franco Kernel
nexus 7 2013 - CM11 M5
nexus 5 - Paranoid Android betas - Franco Kernel - selling (32gb white version) in southern germany
galaxy nexus - CM nightlies - franco.kernel the latest one Retired resurrected for a friend!

Vonnegut
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanoviper View Post
really? One one uses fastboot oem lock, you can never fastboot oem unlock again? That wasnt the case with nexus phones was it?
Happened to some guy who posted in this very thread...and some of them were quite pleased to know that they could unlock it again thanks to the script. Anyway that was possibile before 30O came out: with the new bootloader the fastboot boot recovery.img command doesn't work anymore (if the aboot is locked).

Let me tell you a story about ppl freaking out to unlock their bootloader...
There was a guy who did unlock his bootloader running the script after booting a custom recovery (he was still on 25R). Then he flashed the TWRP. After that he relocked the bootloader. After some time and a pair of OTA he realized he couldn't boot any recovery from fastboot anymore and it couldn't enter the installed recovery as well. Moreover, he didn't root his device...and finally fastboot oem unlock wasn't working anymore.
What is funny is that the tamper bit was set to TRUE so he was paranoid about being out of warranty for no reason.

Is there a way to save such a situation? Think about it...