Originally Posted by moobieboobie
1) Did you unlock your device before by any means ? (or by fastboot oem unlock) ?
2) What is the recovery already installed in your device ?
3) What is the status of your device ? "fastboot oem device-info"
4) What error msg you got when tried to run command [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Magenta]fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>.
5) Steps you tried.
1) did not unlock before
2) recovery is stock cyngn recovery. phone is completely stock
(bootloader) Device tampered: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.006s
fastboot boot twrp-126.96.36.199-bacon.img
OKAY [ 0.330s]
FAILED (remote: Device not unlocked cannot boot)
finished. total time: 0.333s
5) i'm trying to fix the phone. it's stock as a box of rocks, with locked bootloader and no root. the owner said she had it down to 30% and turn it off, charged over night. turned it on and now stuck at cyanogen logo. all steps to try and recover os have failed. I think because the bootloader i locked, i cant seem to do anything else. not sure if this script can/or will work with my situation.
no it cant help you.
steps you can try:
1) if adb debugging is enabled and some computer is trusted, get the key from that computer (or use that computer) to figure things out.
2) factory reset from recovery, see if it boots then.
3) it may be possible to factory reset from fastboot too, dont know.
4) fastboot oem unlock (which will factory reset; if you got this far, the reset probably wont help you to boot)
5) fastboot boot a custom recovery, get in via adb and look around. you can dump partitions and see whats wrong. DEFINITELY dump the least call it "efs" partition to the PC!!! something's wrong so find it. you can also pipe the complete raw 64GB image (including partition table) to the pc for analysis. do use lzo or similar in the pipe!
6) if no recovery boots, there might be corruption on the emmc or you might have defective hardware. your next to last resource may be factory flashing, but then you wont know what happened.
7) alternatively you could try to get the deivce into QCOM mass storage mode (via keys and cold-usb plugging, or, maybe, --DANGER--> by invalidating the bootloader). you are supposed to be able to access the raw emmc from that mode.