Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ ROM ] [ Nov 12 ] Calkulin's OnePlus One v2.1 [ CM11S | XNPH44S | Battery Saver ]

OP Calkulin

17th December 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #491  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 324

2,512 posts
More
Back to Calk

Feels like home

CM12 just not ready for me, and I know it's in Alpha stage, and a big thanks to all the guys and gals working hard on CM12, thank you. But after running it for 3 weeks now, and clean flashing probably 15 different builds over the weeks, I needed a smooth stable ROM, with Xposed and tweaks I like to do.

My screen setup, and icon pack + IdeaL Lollipop theme, make Calk's 2.1 look and feel very much like Lollipop anyways.
17th December 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #492  
Flag Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 83

272 posts
More
hey man, thanks a ton.

been trying to get a stable lollipop rom on my OPO but due to this and that issue, have to come back to this..
great effort man.
keep up the good work.

If I dont find anything that competes with this in Kitkat roms, then this will stay..

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to strategist99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #493  
Thanks Meter: 2

40 posts
More
Help: Wifi cannot be turned on
I came from M11. Did a factory reset. And flashed this rom. But at the set up, it could not turn on wifi. I had to skip this setup step, then in settings, the wifi toggle was shown in an orange box, which could not be toggled. I had to revert back to CM11 nightly.
17th December 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #494  
Flag Lombard, IL.

2,512 posts
More
I love this ROM I think I can only go with the official "S" versions of CM on my OPO moving forward, but tweaked by Calk to be even better. That brings up this question;

Is official CM12S still coming in Jan / Feb ?

A Few months ago, OPO and Cyanogen, said 90 days after the official Lollipop release from Google, the OnePlus One OS would get the big Lollipop date. So that puts it end of Jan / early Feb. But is that still on track of happening ?

But...with the all the news lately of Cyanogen and OPO not getting along, and the whole India deal, etc...

What will OPO official release as far as the Lollipop update ? Will there still be a CM12S made specific for the OnePlus by Cyanogen ? Or will OPO just release their in house Lollipop ROM they made themselves without CM ?
17th December 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #495  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,197

4,459 posts
More
At the moment no one knows. CM12 isn't even in nightlies as of yet. As OnePlus stated today a new ROM is in works with a test build due very soon. Although the maxx audio update due soon I think mentioned CyanogenMod so I assume we will get CM12S next year some point. They did promise to provide updates and I trust they will keep to that providing there are no more fall outs. But with the release of a new OnePlus ROM is concerning if it's going to be going through Google or it could be a aosp based ROM. At the moment it's hard to say but I do hope we get CM12S as I don't mind the S versions. That's my 2 cents but I could totally be off the mark. I think I read somewhere we will get one more 11S update before CM12 that will include the maxxaudio but I can't remember where I read this.
18th December 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #496  
Flag Lombard, IL.

2,512 posts
More
First full day back on this amazing ROM, and wow I forgot how awesome the battery life is. Right now unplugged off charger for 12h 14m with 3h 31m Screen On time, and still have 51% battery left . And that was on 4G LTE all day, no WiFi.

I can get 7h Screen On time with this ROM, and like 30+ hours total battery life.

Compared to the CM12 Alpha's only getting me like total of 4.5h Screen time and not even lasting a full day charge ever, with only like 15 hours total battery life.

I know CM12 is still early rough builds, and thanks to developers for working on it. But battery life just sucks on it.

Sure hope the final CM12S build supposedly coming in Jan / Feb has battery life to match or exceed CM11S ?

Sent from my A0001
18th December 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #497  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
@Zorachus
Impressive battery life, curious on how you manage to get those numbers. Are you tweaking battery scripts, or switching performance profile between performance to power save? Whats your default setting? I dont use my phone too much so always have it on Performance for super snappiness right off the bat. Using AK Kernel.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
18th December 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #498  
Thanks Meter: 19

169 posts
Hi All,

I'm new comer for OPO with Stock 44S rooted. Can anyone have suggest or advice if I want to flash this ROM from stock 44S, I need clean flashing or just dirty flasing is OK?

Really sorry for noob question..

Many thanks.
18th December 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #499  
Flag near Cologne
Thanks Meter: 157

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd6noob

@Calkulin,
When will you put together a lollipop version? I really like this version but would really like to try a lollipop rom from you...

This ROM is stock (CM11s) based, so wait for a CM12s.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muktheo

Can anyone have suggest or advice if I want to flash this ROM from stock 44S, I need clean flashing or just dirty flasing is OK?

I think it's not suggested to dirty flash it, but I did and had absolutly no problem. After all if it fu... up you can always make a clean flash and if you even made a nandroid before your save anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaschaKH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #500  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Hi guys,
I flashed this interesting rom yesterday and after the installation of all my prevoius apps, I booted in recovery and wiped cache and dalvik. While rebooting, it said that I have 172 apps, while with the 11s sock I had just 105. Why there is this difference in the number of installed applications if I just installed the same apps I had before? Thanks for help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread