FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[WIP]LOGO.bin File Format and Modding

395 posts
Thanks Meter: 408
 
By updateing, Senior Member on 27th August 2014, 06:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st September 2014, 10:00 PM |#11  
demkantor's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 3,094
 
More
Flashing a bad LOGO.bin did send me to the QHSUB_DLOAD mode and I tired rebooting holding down all three buttons. It did seem to work but after a bit it seemed to just boot on its own. Then I just used an adb shell to run dd commands to flash the proper .bin and all has been well since then
Still have been to busy with our newborn to look into anything deeper but between this thread and the one by @chillstep1998 and treChoy and other it looks to be all good!
Glad all is coming together on this end, keep up the great work all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
3rd September 2014, 03:54 AM |#12  
m9j_cfALt's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Didwana
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
dear thread creater.. i tell u what is that zeros after anything.
actualy android reads anything in block size.. like this
4,4,4,4,4.....
or 8,8,8,8,8.....
or 16,16,16,16...
or....
or...
or...
or 512,512,512,512...
or......

so.. if block size is 512 then it would read 512 bytes first..
now think what if there is only 50 or 51 bytes.. if will be a error.. if it has code to handle errors.. it is slow.
this is called alignment.. we say header is aligned to 512 bytes.
to make alignment it would add padding of NULLs(chr(0) in vb)

same nulls for the end of file to make it aligned to some size.
thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to m9j_cfALt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 02:45 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan
Thanks Meter: 408
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9j_cfALt

dear thread creater.. i tell u what is that zeros after anything.
actualy android reads anything in block size.. like this
4,4,4,4,4.....
or 8,8,8,8,8.....
or 16,16,16,16...
or....
or...
or...
or 512,512,512,512...
or......

so.. if block size is 512 then it would read 512 bytes first..
now think what if there is only 50 or 51 bytes.. if will be a error.. if it has code to handle errors.. it is slow.
this is called alignment.. we say header is aligned to 512 bytes.
to make alignment it would add padding of NULLs(chr(0) in vb)

same nulls for the end of file to make it aligned to some size.
thank you.

Thanks! I know there are some alignment rules, but didn't expect them to be here. I've seen aligning the whole file to 4 bytes or so, but little do I know that a section header needs alignment as well. I guess that's because this LOGO.bin is used in such a low-level "environment" that we don't have enough time & space to handle the non-aligned data. Am I right?
10th September 2014, 04:02 PM |#14  
Reive's Avatar
Member
Flag Palermo
Thanks Meter: 162
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by updateing

Thanks! I know there are some alignment rules, but didn't expect them to be here. I've seen aligning the whole file to 4 bytes or so, but little do I know that a section header needs alignment as well. I guess that's because this LOGO.bin is used in such a low-level "environment" that we don't have enough time & space to handle the non-aligned data. Am I right?

Hi man!
Do you know how change the battery animation when the phone is charging(when is off)?
I've tried to change the imgs in /res/images/charger, but you know, it doesn't work eheheh...
Can you help me?
Attached Files
File Type: rar charger icons.rar - [Click for QR Code] (11.6 KB, 29 views)
11th September 2014, 09:33 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuhan
Thanks Meter: 408
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reive

Hi man!
Do you know how change the battery animation when the phone is charging(when is off)?
I've tried to change the imgs in /res/images/charger, but you know, it doesn't work eheheh...
Can you help me?

I don't have a OPO to test, all these analysis are theoretical. So I may not be able to help. Sorry...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes