CM11S official & untouched image collection

Search This thread

Jimman

Mar 5, 2009
Hi
I want to go back to 33r to see if any of my problems is related to 44s
But i can't figure out how to go back. Downloaded the full room, but i get an error when i try to flash e: wrong footer. Do I really need to be on root?

//Jimmy

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
Why not just help him?

Transmitted via Bacon
Never understood why some users try to make other people life a frustrating adventure.... Agree with you here

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Hi
I want to go back to 33r to see if any of my problems is related to 44s
But i can't figure out how to go back. Downloaded the full room, but i get an error when i try to flash e: wrong footer. Do I really need to be on root?

//Jimmy
What did you try to do to go to 33r?

Jimman

Mar 5, 2009
Never understood why some users try to make other people life a frustrating adventure.... Agree with you here

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

What did you try to do to go to 33r?

Tried to flash a rom in the first post. But I changed my mind and rooted first and now my reboot problems are gone. I start to think that my stock bootloader got screwed in some way.

Thanks to them how try to help.

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
Tried to flash a rom in the first post. But I changed my mind and rooted first and now my reboot problems are gone. I start to think that my stock bootloader got screwed in some way.

Thanks to them how try to help.

Could you please enumerate what you done exacly so that i can understand?

For example :

First i went to recovery and flashed this file, from link http://xda..

Then i flashed this...

then i used fastboot with file xadasoidj.img

Like that it'll be easier for me to assist :)

Thanks

Jimman

Mar 5, 2009
I dont need to flash r33 at the moment.

I thougth that mu problems had come with the update r38, beacuse when i was on r33 had no reboot isue. But e few weeks before 44s my phone started reboot upto 8 times a day. When i didnt get the flash to work i dicided to root, and no my problems are gone. So my guess is that it happened something with the stock bootloader

//Jimmy

hotland

Jan 3, 2013
Manila
flashing stock kernel from custom kernel

where can i get a stock kernel for 44s? and can i flash it with the existing custom kernel like franco kernel? so i could resume with the OTA window when Andriod L is out for OTA

Cheers

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
where can i get a stock kernel for 44s? and can i flash it with the existing custom kernel like franco kernel? so i could resume with the OTA window when Andriod L is out for OTA

Cheers

Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B98G0KTJwnBFSzc5Mm9ZeFM2a1k/edit?usp=docslist_api

You can try just flashing it over Franco (via fastboot) but the past Franco has left remnants behind and caused problems with OTA. You might need to flash a fully stock ROM in order for OTA to work.

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: hotland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2014.10.16.: Update!

Hy guys! As you might noticed, the links in the OP which are pointing to the official files on the CM server don't work any more thanks to CM. I was sure this will come, but i still wanted to use the official links as long as they are working. I would change the links to my mirrors in the OP, but @Spannaa already made mirrors in his thread: Mirrors for official CM11S roms & OTA updates. I don't see any reason to have 2 threads with mirrors of the same files, so i taught I would keep this thread as a discussion on how to use those official files. I will modify the OP in the coming days accordingly.

I will keep the OP as it is for now, and I will modify it a little in the coming days!

Hy guys, i have seen posts about different versions of CM11S, but I haven't seen a collection of them. I collect all the stock images i can, so i taught i would share it with you guys. As the thread title says, these are official and untouched images of the stock CM11S. I share the official links where it is available. I will share four kind of files:

1. Recovery flashable zips of the complete ROMz: these are the oldschool .zip images that you can flash through recovery.

2. Fastboot images of the complete ROMz: these are fastboot.zip files, that should be used through fastboot. You need to set up Android SDK for fastboot on your computer and you also need to unlock your phone's bootloader in order to use them. For setting up the Android SDK and unlocking your bootloader, please follow this guide: [GUIDE] OnePlus One - How to Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root, until you complete the first step: 1. Unlocking Bootloader. After that you have to put the fastboot.zip file into your platform-tools folder (its explained in the previous link), and extract it there, but also keep the zip there because you need that too. After that, you may follow the instructions of the Open Post of this thread: CyanogenMod 11S.

Note: The conventional fastboot oem unlock which unlocks the bootloader will wipe your phone. You can make backup before that with Helium app or through adb. Neither of them requires root.

Note: The last command in the CyanogenMod 11S thread's open post is:

Code:
    fastboot update -w cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip

The command will wipe your phone because of the "-w" option.

Note: if you get the error message during flashing in fastboot:

Code:
     FAILED (remote: data too large)

Then you are probably not on the latest Android SDK with the latest required tools: Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools, Android Support Library, Google USB Driver.

3. Stock kernel images: these are .img files of the stock kernel images. You can flash these in fastboot like this:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

If the filename is for example g7389215.img then it looks like this:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot g7389215.img

4. Latest OTA incremental update zip: I will also share the latest OTA zip file. The CM11S OTAs are incremental updates, that means you need to be on the latest version before applying an update. Incremental means it only updates the changed files since the last update.

So for example the latest OTA ATM is XNPH33R. Before that was the XNPH30O. If you want to use the XNPH33R OTA zip you need to be on XNPH30O, because that is the latest version before the XNPH33R OTA (check reference table below). If you apply the OTA on an earlier version (for example, XNHP25R), the installation will be aborted most probably. Or if you succeed with the installation, it will break stuff most probably.

You can also grab the latest OTA update zip after you recieved the OTA file and downloaded it. You can find it in the cache of your phone and you will need root access. If you want to make a copy you should do so before you install the OTA.

Wipe the cache then you can flash the OTA update zip through recovery.

Reference table

ROM version / release date / kernel version

XNPH22R / 2014.06.06. / dunno

XNPH25R / 2014.07.03. / geb9c0a5

XNPH30O / 2014.08.11. / g7389215

XNPH33R / 2014.08.21. / g0ad30e5

XNPH38R / 2014.10.07. / g33fa374

Links

1. Recovery flashable zips of the complete ROMz:

XNPH22R

XNPH25R

XNPH33R

2. Fastboot images of the complete ROMz:

XNPH22R

XNPH25R

XNPH30O

XNPH33R

XNPH38R

3. Stock kernel images:

XNPH22R

XNPH25R

XNPH30O

XNPH33R

XNPH38R / torrent magnet mirror

4. Latest OTA incremental update zip:

XNPH38R

Also here are the previous OTA incremental update zips:
    same rule, check reference table, only use it if you are on the latest previous version! Its incremental.

XNPH33R

XNPH30O

Njoy!

You might also be interested in zephiK's modem collection of recovery flashable zips for the One: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/ref-oneplus-one-modem-collection-t2858734
    Can you make a flashable kernel zip?

Yes, I'm going to add a kernel zip section in the coming days ;)
    By any chance you know where to find a change log?

This CM 11S 38R release comes with a new firmware that improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen; a new and very cool lockscreen; the ability to take photos in RAW format, enhanced audio capabilities (now the One lets you play high resolution music—24 bit, 96/192khz—flac/alac/wav files without resampling); now that health is that important, we’ve added ANT+ support; and a slew of bug fixes we know you’ve been asking for.

Here’s a comprehensive list of other changes you’ll find in this update:

Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
    Added pause button during video recording.
    Improved battery life.
    Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in ‘auto’.
    Fixed issues with ‘4G Preferred’ option not connecting to 3G data.
    Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
    Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
    Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
    Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
    Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
    Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
    Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.
    I don't need to do anything with the kernel images ( I am guessing they are there for another reason), right?

You don't need the kernel images. ;)

All the rom zip files has a kernel (boot.img). The reason i posted the kernel images separately too because custom kernel users sometimes need them. If they want to go back to stock kernel or just want to keep a backup, they don't need to download ~460MB for just the kernel image, they can download only the kernel image which is 5-10 MB.